Chapter IV

4:23 am

4:23 am

Chris and Cassidy made it to the lodge and were all sitting around awkwardly in the Great Room.

Chris joined Ashley and Sam, while Cassidy stood off in a corner, not wanting to interact with anyone at the moment.

A few seconds pass before the group hear a loud female scream coming from outside. Everyone snapped their heads towards the door as someone banged on it.

"LET ME IN! LET ME IN!" A voice cried out.

"Is that-?" Ashley went to speak, but Sam cuts her off.

"It's Em!" Sam shouted.

"Let her in! Quick!" Chris said as the four all rush to the door as Cassidy made it first and unlocked it, Emily stumbled onto the floor.

"Shut the door! Oh my god, shut the door!" She exclaimed as she backed away into Sam and Ashley's legs. The two help her stand.

Cassidy quickly closes the door and locks it. "Emily are you alright?!"

"I didn't think that I'd make it..." she cried as everyone lead her to the couch.

"You were screaming bloody murder." Chris pointed out.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked.

"You look totally wiped-" Ashley stated.

"There was something-" Emily tried to speak, but the others Ashley kept speaking.

"Where's Matt?" Ashley questioned.

"Come sit down, sit down." Sam suggested as Emily took a seat.

"Something's out there!" Emily shouted at the four.

"Did you guys split up?" Ashley asked, wondering why Matt was missing.

"A monster- It's a monster!" Emily cried.

"Wait! What are you talking about?" Chris asked her.

"I said, there is something out there!" Emily answered.

"Like what?" Ashley questioned.

"Ash, relax... it was Josh, it was all Josh-" Sam tried to calm her down.

"No, no no no listen to me-" Emily shook her head.