Chapter III

"Cass, Cass! Wake up!" A voice hit Cassidy's ears as she struggled to open her eyes and move

Mike helped her off the ground and started to push her in the direction she ran from. "Come on, we got to keep moving." Mike said.

Cassidy wiped her hands on her clothes, observing the ashes, dust and burn holes that are now showing in her black collared shirt and her pale blue sweater.

"Is this the hole you came from?" Mike questioned as the two walked up to a familiar scene for Cassidy.

"Yeah, that's where he had me tied up." Cassidy said, pointing at the empty chair. She looked around closer and noticed someone barefooted, walking. Mike pushed her back and noticed it was Sam, in a bath towel, he quickly grabbed her by the ankle and got her attention.

"Mike! What are you doing down there! There's a g-" Sam cuts herself off, "Oh Mike, thank God you found me."

"It's okay. You're okay." Cassidy calmed her down.

"Cass? What- I don't understand... How did you get here? How did you and Mike find me?"

"There's some fucking maniac up here on the mountain-"

"Yeah, I've noticed." Sam said sarcastically.

"He lives in this like, web of tunnels... I was down there trying to get out, the guy kidnapped Cass, and she managed to escape and found me, then we came back and saw you." Mike explained.

"Listen, this guy who you're talking about... he attacked me. He showed me these videos, too, and one of them showed Josh being killed... just... ripped apart by this huge fucking sawblade..." Sam exclaimed.

"Jesus Christ!" Mike gasped.

"God, Josh, no..." Cassidy blinked tears away. She was just with him not to long ago and somehow he's dead? She couldn't believe it.

"I think he's living down here, and whoever the hell he is, he's obsessed with Hannah and Beth!" Sam also added.

"God damn." Mike whispered.

"But here is the crazy thing: I found these plans, like, blueprints for a crazy machine just like the one Josh was in, but it's fake... it was for a dummy." Sam began to ramble.

"Sam, slow down..." Cassidy tried to calm her.

"Josh might not be dead!" Sam shouted quietly.