Chapter VI

The three traveled around the mines in hope, that they run into Josh

The three traveled around the mines in hope, that they run into Josh. Cassidy and Mike slowly looking more terrible by the second the night continued.

"I was not prepared for how ugly that thing would be up close." Sam sighed, still couldn't get the image of the Wendigo out of her head.

"Yeah..." Mike whispered. "So I noticed something kind of weird about it..."

"Uh... what?" Sam asked.

"The Wendigo- It had a scar." Mike told them.

"So?" She questioned not understanding where this was going.

"We've seen it before." Cassidy mentioned as she continued to observe her wrists.

"What are you talking about?" Sam raised her eyebrow in question, as the two continued.

"We saw these old pictures of some guy with that same scar and he was transforming into a Wendigo." Cassidy told her.

Her eyes widened in shock, "You're kidding." Sam whispered.

"It was one of those miners who'd been trapped, back in the 50s... in the cave-in. Which means that thing is 80 years old. At least." Mike added.

"Spunky for an old timer." Sam joked with a shake of her head.

"They cleaned the place out... killed a lot of people." Cassidy sighed as the group continued to move.

"They? You mean there're more of them?" Sam stopped walking, not taking the thought that they're more of those creatures.

"Oh yeah." Mike scoffed as he remembered all the Wendigos that he and Cassidy encountered in the Sanatorium.

"How many?" Sam asked them, hesitant on what their answer would be.

"Too many." Mike answered. Sam's shoulders slumped at the answer and shook her head as the three pressed on.

"I think we're close to the lair." Cassidy stated.

Mike turned to the girl, "How can you tell?"

"Because I feel like mega crap all of a sudden." The blonde said bluntly.

"Ditto." Mike chuckled.

"I really don't want to go in there Mike..." Cassidy told him as she slowed down.

"There's no other way through, Cass." Mike tried to comfort the girl, placing his hand on her shoulder, squeezing it a bit as the two catch up with Sam as she stopped to observe something on the ground.