Epilogue

3 Months Later

3 Months Later

Cassidy unlocked the door to the apartment and walked in setting the two bags of groceries on the kitchen island as she made her way into the living room.

She looked at the sight of Mike laying down on the sofa, with Wolfie, now sporting a blue collar and dog tag, curled up beside him. The two were clearly sleeping. With a smile Cassidy walked over, grabbing the remote, turning the tv off. Wolfie woke up and perked his head up at the female.

She went over and scratched his ears as he got up and hopped down and followed her back into the kitchen, as she puts the groceries away.

Mike wakes up at the sound of the fridge door opening, he slowly stood up and walked over to the kitchen and smiled as he watched the blonde's back as she puts the food away. "So you have three options," Cassidy spoke as she closed the fridge and then leaned against the island looking at Mike. "Italian, Mexican or Chinese." He finished as he pulled out a tube of pizza flavored Pringles and opened them up and took a few.

Cassidy snatched the tube and grabbed some herself. "Italian, How about spaghetti and meat sauce? I can make the Garlic bread." Mike said as he smiled down at her, before moving forward to preheat the oven and grabbed some bread.

Cassidy moved to the stove and cooked the noodles and made the meat sauce as Mike finished making baking the Garlic Bread and pulled it out the oven and placed it in a plate on the island. He soon made a pitcher of sweet lemonade and sets the counter.

Once Cassidy finished cooking dinner she turned and puts it on the island and sat down on one of the bar stools. "Ta-da!" She cheered as she took a sip of some lemonade as Mike made his plate and hers.

"So how was Wolfie's day?" She asked as she looked at the dog as he pulled at his raw steak.

"He was a good boy, no problem getting him chipped and all the needed shots, a few did stare in shock at the thought of a wolf entering the place, but he was very friendly with the other dogs." Mike said as he watched him chomp on his food as well.

The two continued to eat and talk about random things people talk about during dinner. Cassidy soon got up and put the leftovers in the fridge and moved the dirty dishes to the sink to rinse them out before placing them in the dishwasher.

Mike felt a nudge against his leg. He looks down to see Wolfie as he stares at one of his owners. Mike quickly stood up and walked over to Cassidy.

'It's time, Mikey boy. You can do this.' He thought as he stood next to her and observed as she closed the dishwasher.

Cassidy slowly turned to run into his chest and she looked up at him. "Hey," She whispered to him.

Mike stared into her pale blue eyes, the more he gazed at them, the more he thought they were sparkling. Slowly lifting his hand he places it on her the side of her neck, cradling it. His fingertips brush her hair as he tilted her head to look up at him.

Cassidy's heart raced as the two stared at each other. Her gaze quickly glanced at his lips, before she looked right back up at his eyes.

"You're beautiful." Mike whispered, as he slowly leans down, capturing her lips with his. Cassidy melted in the kiss as she returned it slowly wrapping her arms around him as he places his other hand behind her neck, brushing her long hair as the two continued to embrace.

Wolfie stared at his owners, tilting his head to the side, before padding away to the bedroom to lay in his bed to go to sleep.

Mike was the first to break the kiss, Cassidy slowly opened her eyes and stared at him. "I have something for you." He whispered to her.

"What?" Cassidy questioned.

Mike dug in the pockets of his jeans and pulled out a silver ring. She slowly took it and observed the ring. She knew it wasn't an engagement ring. Smiling she looked at him. "A promise ring." She stated.

Mike rubbed the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly, "Yeah, yeah, I just thought that you know how I was about commitment, but I thought Now is the time to change that." He said as he slipped the ring on her finger.

"I think it's time to start giving this a shot. You and I." Mike finished.

Cassidy stared at the ring before wrapping her arms around him, embracing him in a hug.

"So, what were you watching?" Cassidy asked as she took his hand and led him to the couch. The two sat down and cuddled next to each other.

"Just some random spy movie." Mike shrugged as he clicked the tv on with the remote and continued to watch the movie.

Cassidy smiled down at the ring as she then watched the tv as well.

This was perfect.