T W E L V E | I Missed Laughing

{Gif of Pillow Fight}

Song: Please

Artist (s): Samantha Harvey

When the world says 'give up', hope whispers 'try it one more time'.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

Since Neel had shown me the newly designed attic, I had been in there constantly. Just keeping to myself. I held the sketch book on my lap closer to me, finishing the final details on what I had started drawing a few days ago. The google home in the corner of the room played music softly, calming my nerves. I was so engrossed in sketching that I didn't hear anyone enter the room.

"Mind if I come in?" I jumped at Neels voice and quickly hid the sketch book. I sat criss-cross style making room for him to sit next to me. We sat in silence before he broke it.

"What were you doing?" I shrugged. Neel looked at the pencil in my hand and then at the sketch book peeping out from under a pillow.

"You've been cooped up in here a lot lately" Neel said continuing to glance at the sketch book.

"It's nice" I whispered playing with my fingers.

"I'm glad you like it" Neel nodded leaning back so that he was against the wall.

"Fuck it" Neel sighed sitting back up. "I want to see what you were drawing", he pointed to the sketch book.

"It's nothing special. Just something to pass time" I shook my head, retrieving the book tracing my finger over its cover.

"Then you wouldn't mind me seeing it" Neel shuffled closer to me taking the book off my lap and I didn't fight. I had drawn stuff for only me to see, but when it came to Neel, I didn't care. Neel opened the book his eyes flickering back and forth taking everything in.

Neel studied the page for a few more seconds before turning over and did the same. His eyes flickered over the page before he looked back at me.

I've found you now, so don't you say...it's too late.

My eyes flashed to the google home as it played the song. Was it too late? Was I broken beyond repair?

"Okay google, stop" Neel said and the room was soon filled with silence.

"Wow. You can sing. You can draw. You can cook. What can't you do?" Neel laughed slowly tracing the sketch with the tip of his finger. I shrugged. Neel closed the book handing it back to me and went back to his original position against the wall. We sat in silence once again just enjoying the presence of each other.

"Think fast" Next thing I knew a pillow flew straight at me and hit me square in the face. I let out a large gasp as Neel bellowed out a laugh.

"Oh shit. I didn't mean to hit you in the face" Neel said in-between his laughter. I scowled picking up the same pillow throwing it back at him. Due to the fact the Neel was on his knees when the pillow hit him, he toppled backwards onto the floor.

"I shouldn't have done that" I shrieked but couldn't help but let out a loud laugh. Neel groaned on the floor making me laugh harder. God, I missed laughing. It felt so good. Neel sat up on the floor and looked at me with raised eyebrows. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing but couldn't keep the grin off my face.