NINE

It's been a few weeks since I last asked my mom that question. I have one more week left until my paper is due. I don't want to put that part in there. I just want to know why. Why did he leave?

Grayson was over and we were just hanging out. It was Saturday so we had the whole day to ourselves.

I sat there on the couch next to Grayson. More like he was laying on the couch and I was sitting on the floor.

"What do you want to do today?"
I said while looking through Twitter.

"I don't know."

"Well we have to do something."
I locked my phone and put it down.

"Sleep?"

"OMG Grayson. My mom has a shopping list. We could go shopping."

"Ok."

I got up to get dressed. Grayson waited for me. We took my car but Grayson drove.

"What's up with Ethan?"
I was looking out the window.

"Apparently he has a mystery girl too."
Grayson looked at me real quick.

"I wonder who it is."

We got to the store. I started shopping and Grayson disappeared. A few minutes later he came back with 2 cups of coffee.

"We both seemed tired so I got coffee."

"Thank you."

I grabbed the cup and took a drink.

"Hey. Can you run and get some milk please?"

"Sure."

Grayson walked away to get some milk. While he was gone I got bread, cake mix, cookies, cereal, juice, fruit snacks, and cheese. Grayson came back with the milk.

"Thank you. Okay I say we pay, drop this off, and take a walk. How does that sound?"
I started walking to the check out.

"That sounds good. Let's bring buckets."

"Why?"
I laughed.

"Because the heat is going to melt us."

"Okay. How about we walk to get Fro-Yo?"

"That sounds a lot better."

Grayson P.O.V

After we dropped the stuff off we walked to get frozen yogurt. After we got it Alissa had to use the restroom.

Sitting there with her, just talking about life is fun. And today she just looks so beautiful. I wish that she liked me like I like her. But being friends- best friends- that kind of stops that.

But I don't want her to be with someone who will treat her wrong. She needs someone who will be with her every moment. Someone like me.

Alissa's P.O.V

I came back from the bathroom and Grayson looked like he was thinking hard.

"You good Gray?"
I sat down.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just trying to figure out Ethan's mystery girl."

"You'll find out eventually."
I started eating my fro yo.

"Why do you say that?"

"Your his Twin. He can't hide things forever."

Right when I finished my sentence Grayson's phone went off.

"My mom wants me to go somewhere with her. I have to leave."

"Oh ok. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

Grayson walked out of the place. I sat there and finished my snack. I walked back to my house. I didn't know what to do so i finally decided to go to school and run around the track.

I was at the track until like 6 ish. I walked back to my house and took a shower. Right when I was about to get undressed I got a text.

Ethan: Hey. Wyd?
Me: About to get in the shower. Hbu?
Ethan: nothing. After you get out do you wanna hang out?
Me: yeah sure. Sounds fun.
Ethan: great. I'll be over in 30.

I quickly got in the shower and ate something. I put on some shorts and a blue Nike sweatshirt with some white converse. I put my hair in a ponytail and waited on the couch for Ethan.

Ethan knocked on my door.

"Hey. Where's your car?"
I looked over his shoulder.

"I was thinking we would walk to the park and hang out."

"Oh. That's cool."

I walked outside and locked the door. Ethan and I walked to the park.

"Ethan. What's with you and this sudden change?"
I put my hands in my pockets.

"I just felt like I needed something different."
He shrugged his shoulders.

"Can u be completely honest for a second?"

"Yeah. Sure."
He kicked a rock on the sidewalk.

"I like the old Ethan. He was sweet and we had some good conversations."

"Until I messed up."

"What do you mean by that?"
I stopped.

"I don't know if you remember but when we were little I did stupid stuff to impress you. Mostly because you were close to Gray and not me."

"Okay...?"

"I don't remember what it was but I did something that hurt you. After that you wouldn't talk to me. I lost my best friend."

Ethan had tears in his eyes.

"Ethan. Do you remember?"

"Yeah. Um. We were playing on the playground and I told Grayson to push me. I thought that I could land it. Instead he pushed me into you and feel of. You had to get stitches. Grayson blamed me and you believed him. I lost you. All because I was trying to impress you."

He whipped a tear from his eye.

"Ethan. I'm sorry."

He grabbed me and gave me a hug. He sniffles and I grabbed his head.

"I don't want to lose you again."

He was crying. I started to cry. We sat there in front of a random persons house hugging. I felt so bad. I didn't know that that happened.

"Hey. Why don't we go look at the stars."

Ethan and I walked to the park. I grabbed his hand and rubbed the back of it.

We got the park and we laid there looking at the stars. Ethan wrapped his arms around me.

"Anything else you want to get off your chest?"
I was playing with the zipper on his sweatshirt.

"No. I just want to lay here."

He hugged me tighter and rubbed my arm.

"Do you want to go back to my place?"
I looked at him.

"Sure."

We got up and walked to my place. Ethan and I went up to my place and laid on my bed.

While we were laying there Ethan grabbed my leg and put it around his body.

"I thought you would be more comfortable."

I was more comfortable. But it felt so long. Falling for my Best Friends Brother.

Am I falling for him?

*****
Well welcome to the end of another chapter. A lot happened. Will Alissa fall for him.

Also sorry I changed the title.