FIFTEEN

After dinner we set up a bed on Ethan's floor.

"So. You're stuck with me for a whole month."
He plopped down on his bed.

"It's not that bad."
I said as I put a pillow case on my pillow.

"How come?"

"We did have a day or two when you actually gave a shit about my feelings."
I turned to look at him.

"I still do."
He sat up.

"Oh really. Because this new Ethan doesn't seem to."
I threw my pillow on the floor.

"What do you mean this new Ethan?"

"You told Grayson that you were changing."
I sat down in the bed I made.

"Peopl..."

"I get that people change. But they don't change that quickly. One minute you were sweet. The next your making out with girls in the back of the class."

Ethan was silent.

"I'm going to go say goodnight to Grayson."
I got up off the floor and walked down to Grayson's room. I knocked on the door.

"Come in."

"Hey Gray."
I closed the door behind me and sat down in his bed.

"Hey. I have been meaning to ask you. How is your dad?"
He sat up.

"Oh. He hasn't been answering me. I knew I should've tried."
I looked at my phone.

"Don't say that. He made the effort on trying to reach you. It's not your fault."
He wrapped his arms around me.

"Thanks Gray. I should probably get to bed. I don't want to be tired tomorrow."

I gave him a hug and went back to Ethan's room. He was laying in bed listening to music.

"Goodnight E."

I rolled over so my back was facing him. I plugged my phone in and listened to the rain fall down. All the sudden a big boom of thunder sounded. I sat up real quick and looked around the room.

"Ethan. Are you still up?"

"Yeah. The storm is keeping me up."
He sat up and turned on the lamp.

"Do you think I could lay own with you. Just until the storm is over?"

"Your such a little girl."
He chuckled and moved over so I could lay down.

I ran over to his bed and we lost power.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't worry. It's kind of a turn on."

I could imagine this smile on his face. He wrapped his arms around me. I fell asleep shortly after. Mostly because I felt safe.

The next morning I woke up and Ethan wasn't there. He probably went to get breakfast. I got up and walked downstairs.

"Good morning. Go change and then you can have breakfast."
Mrs Dolan was putting pancakes on Grayson's plate.

"Okay. I'll be right back."

I walked a couple houses down and unlocked the door. I ran up to my room to change and got my backpack real quick. I dressed to tease Ethan a little. 😏

 😏