Ch. 2 Moving to America

Btw, y/n is like 8 now. So yeah

Thomas POV

I've just received news that the war is over! Now I can finally go back to America with y/n! I wonder how she'll take the news  though. She's only ever lived in France.

"Y/n! Can you come here for a moment?"

"Yes daddy?"

"Sunshine, we're moving to Virginia!"

"Cool! What's Virginia?"

"That is our new home in America! Isn't that exciting?"

"But why? Our home here in France is perfectly fine. Do we have to move?"

"Yeah sweetie we do. The only reason I came to France was to first, obviously, get away from the war and to help out France while I was here." (I don't know if that's actually true just go along with it)

I see y/n look down at her shoes. I knew she wouldn't want to go because she grew up here. This is the only place she's ever know. But not for long!

"Hey, look at me, it's going to be fine. We'll be fine. The world isn't ending. You'll like it in America!"

"I guess so..."

"That's my girl! Now begin packing. We have a lot of work ahead of us!"

Y/n POV

And with that, he left. I went back to my room and started sorting out my clothes. I really don't want to move. I love it here in France! My school is nice, the teachers are nice, but the students aren't very nice to me. They see me as the 'rich, spoiled girl,' it's bugs me. Yes, my father is rich, but only because he actually did something with his life! I just wish that maybe, I can actually make a friend in America.

Time skip

"Goodbye house! I'll miss you!"

"Y/n stop saying goodbye to the house and get in the carriage. We have a long trip ahead of us."

Oh boy. The trip did take a long time but I slept most of it. When we finally got here, I was actually excited. A new life in a new country! Doesn't that sound cool? There was actually quite a bit of people waiting for my father. I didn't know he was this famous. He talked for a bit and I just sat on our luggage.

"Y/n! Y/n come over here for a second!"

"Yes daddy?"

"Look everyone! This is my beautiful daughter, y/n! She's just like me and her mother in many ways. She knows how to start and finish any fight. She's also a very independent lady so watch out gentlemen! She won't need any of your help!"

"Daddy please stop. You're embarrassing me."

"Stop complaining, they love you! Oh! Here's the carriage. I'm sorry to leave on such sort notice but I must be heading to my home. Goodbye everyone!"

He blew off a kiss and a bunch of ladies went wild. Ew. We got our stuff and went aboard the carriage.

"That is tiring! Y/n, whatever you do, please don't become a famous woman. It will wear you out."

"Haha! Okay daddy I won't."

We arrive to the house and it is big!

"Here we are home sweet home!"

We enter the house and there are a bunch of people cleaning. Who are they?

"Thank you all for cleaning. Now, take our bags and unpack them in our rooms please."

They then all go except one girl with a letter.

"Sir, this is for you."

"Sally! Would you mind and open it for me?"

"Yes sir."

She opens it and hands to dad. He reads it and gets excited.

"Y/n! Guess what! I've just been asked to be the Secretary of State! Change of plans folks! Put the bags back in the carriage! We're going to New York!"

"We're leaving already?"

"Sunshine, this is for daddy's work. We need to leave. I promise when we get there, I'll go dress shopping with you."

He knows that I do love shopping. He always insists that we can just get it made but I always love seeing what everyone else has.

"Okay."

"I love you sunshine! Now, let's get going to New York!"

Time skip again

"Y/n, this is James Madison. My best friend. He'll be your uncle James from now on okay?"

"Okay. Hello uncle James!"

"Hello to you too y/n. I've heard good things about you. Now if you excuse me, I need to have a talk with your father."

He and dad talk by themselves and a small guy and bald guy walk up to us talking.

"Mr. Jefferson, welcome home!"

"Mr. Jefferson? Alexander Hamilton."

"Why thank you Mr. President. And Mr. Hamilton. May I introduce you to my daughter y/n? She'll be joining us for the cabinet meeting if that's okay with Congress."

Okay so the bald one is the president and the small one is Hamilton. Got it.

"Hello there miss y/n. I'm Mr. Washington. It's a pleasure to meet you. And it sure is fine for you to join us for the meeting."

Mr. Washington seems nice. Mr. Hamilton didn't seem to be paying attention to me to Mr. Washington had to shove him to direct his attention.

"Oh. Hello there little one. I'm Alexander Hamilton. I have a son just about your age. Maybe you'll meet him someday."

Wait. A boy. My age. Yes! Friend!

"Well the meeting won't start itself. Let's get going boys. And lady."

While we were walking in my dad asks,

"So What did I miss?"

Authors note: hope you enjoyed that! I'd love to hear your feedback from this. Byeeeee
-gummie