Chapter 5: This Can't Be Happening!

Andre POV

I stood there frozen in shock. Robbie and Cat were gone and all that was left was a stripe of blood leading from where Robbie had once lay to the door.

"Where the hell did they go?" I asked.

"I don't know," Tori said quietly. I looked at her. Her face was pale and her eyes wide. There were dried tears on her checks. I looked into her doe brown eyes. They were glazed over with sadness and worry, but under that I could see something else- a light swinging through the despair in her eyes: determination. "We have to find them," she said boldly.

She broke out of my grip and ran for the door. I grabbed her before she could leave.

"Tori, wait! It's dangerous," I said, earning myself a slap in my face from Tori.

"Andre!" she scolded. "They're our friends! We can't leave them to die! Now let's go!"

Tori turned and left the room. Without a moment's hesitation, I followed my girlfriend. She was waiting for me outside of the classroom. I took her hand and we walked down the hall. My heart was pounding in my chest. It was dark and all we had as a source of light was my phone. I could feel Tori's grip on my hand, tighten.

I glanced down at her. In the little light my phone provided, I could just make out her face. "Tori, you sure you want to do this," I asked her

"Yes," she said confidently. "We have to find them before Sinjin does something to them, like..." she hesitated. When she spoke, her voice was quiet, "like he did to Trina."

I squeezed her hand. Even though Trina had been annoying- and, occasionally, mean to Tori, myself, and our friends- I didn't think she deserved to be killed. I could tell Tori felt the same way. I couldn't imagine how much pain she was feeling. After all, Trina had been barely a friend to me. But for Tori, Trina was her sister. And no matter how much she complained about Trina's crazy antics, Tori still loved her...

"Shouldn't we call the police, Tor?" I asked, trying to distract myself and Tori from the subject of Trina.

"No," Tori responded. "We'll be too late. Hey, wait a minute! I just remembered something!" she said reaching into her messenger bag and pulled out a .38 Saturday Night Special

"Why do you have a gun?" I asked, a little freaked out.

"My dad made me take it. Now let's go, Andre!"

She tugged my arm and we ran down the hall, trying not to trip in the darkness.

Jade POV

"No! No! No! This can not be happening!" I screamed

"Jade, calm down!" Beck said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Beck," Jade snapped. "I will not calm down! The doors are all closed- jammed shut! We're stuck in here! How the hell am I supposed to calm down?!"

"Jade," Beck responded. "Screaming won't help. We have to get back to the gang."

"And tell them what?#! That all the doors are jammed shut and there's no way out?!"

"We will find a way, Jade. Just calm down," Beck reassured me.

"Stop telling me to calm down, Beck," I exclaimed, exasperated.

"Fine! Fine!" Beck replied. "Let's just..." He looked up and froze

"Beck, what is it? What's wrong?" I asked him, coming over to his side. I followed his gaze and I almost screamed. A few feet away stood a figure wearing all black clothing and a ugly clown mask.

"Jade," Beck whispered. "Go!"

"No," I exclaimed. "I'm not leaving you!"

"Go! Now, Jade, go!" Beck yelled.

I just looked at him helplessly. There were tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I love you, Jade. Now, go! Go!" Beck pushed me towards another hallway.

With one last backwards glance, I ran down the hallway. I ran and ran without stopping. I didn't know where I was anymore. I cut a corner and ran into a black figure and I screamed.