Chapter 8: Like Magic

Tori POV

"What the hell, Jade?! What the hell is going on?!" I exclaimed, pacing back and forth.

"Jeez, I don't know, Vega! Why don't you go ask the physco maniac who is trying to kill us?!" Jade snapped.

I stopped pacing and looked over at her. "Stop being such a bitch, Jade!" I replied. "We need to work together and try to survive."

"Don't ever call me a bitch again, Vega, or I will end you! understand?" she said threatening, holding scissors in front of my face.

"Okay! Okay! I won't!" I said, holding my hands up in surrender. "Jade we do need together to get out of here no matter how much we dislike each other."

"Okay, fine," Jade sighed. "Give me the gun, then."

"No! Why?" I asked wearily.

Jade rolled her eyes. "Because I know how to shoot. I've killed animals with a gun before."

"Like hunting?" I asked, still not convinced

"Yeah" Jade replied. "Let's call it that." Now give me the gun."

"Kind of afraid to say 'no' again" I muttered and handed her the gun.

"Thanks. Now let's get the hell out of her," Jade said and started walking to the door.

I stood up and started followed her when suddenly, I heard a loud thumping noise. I froze. Jade quickly raised the gun.

"Come in asshole!" She yelled. "Let me put a bullet through your head!"

The door flung open and a figure appeared and fell to its knees. I looked at the figure closely. It was covered in blood, but I could just make out who it was...

"Beck!" Jade yelled, lowering the gun.

" Jade," Beck whispered. "Help me!"

Beck passed out on the floor. Jade rushed to his side

Jade POV

"Beck, wake up! Please! Don't you dare leave me! Wake up, Beck! Please, wake up!"

I heard Tori call my name. I had forgotten she was there. "We need to find a way out. Beck needs to get to the hospital," Tori said.

I nodded. "Go see if you can get any signal over there," I said, mentioning to the door.

"Jade."

I whipped my head around to where Beck laid in my arms. "Beck," I said, stroking his hair out of his face. "You're gonna be okay. We'll get you to a hospital."

"Jade," he whispered. "If I don't make it..."

"No!" I cried, quieting him. "You will make it, okay? You will. I promise!"

"Jade, listen to me."

"No! Beck Oliver, you are not leaving me! Your going to be fine, okay?"

After a few moments of silence, Beck whispered, "Jade?"

"What is Beck?"

"Will you marry me?" He asked, a tear rolling down his face.

"What?" I whispered.

"Will you marry me, Jade West?"

"Yes! Yes, I will!" I said, tears rolling freely down my cheeks. There was a smile on my face

"I love you, Jade."

"I love you, too, Beck," I said, holding him tightly in my arms.

"Let's get out of here," I said, helping him stand up.

"Okay, let's go," he said. We started walking forward, when suddenly, Beck froze and his eyes grew wide.

"Beck, what's wrong?"

"Jade, where's Tori?!" Beck exclaimed.

I looked over to the door, where I had last seen Tori. The door was wide open. Tori wasn't there. The only thing there was a lone sneaker. Tori's sneaker.