Chapter 4: Target Practice

*Veronica*

Kristena Singer and Castiel...have a house. I'm still wrapping my head around that as we're pulling up to a huge two story house on the edge of a town. There's a lot of land, a long gravel driveway that leads straight to the front of the house with woods on either side. The windows are all clean, but dark tinted so that no one can see inside.

"This is their house?" I ask in amazement.

The facade is clean and white, the front door is painted dark red with an elevated wrap-around porch. There are rose bushes in the garden in front of the porch. As we go up the steps to the front door, I look sideways at Dean.

"Yeah," he answers, "nice little outfit they got goin' on here, right? They painted over it in white, but the entire house is covered in every sigil known to man and angel. This is probably one of the safest places in the world."

I look at him in amazement.

"Then why aren't we staying here?" I wonder aloud.

"Because Kris and Cas didn't hide this place. They're supernatural creatures so they can handle whatever comes after them here...when they're here. This is just temporary, to get the demons off our case for a few minutes. They don't know that you're with me yet, so me being here isn't anything special. It won't raise any alarms."

The explanation makes me wonder about the people I've put the fates of our lives into. He knocks on the door and a second later, none other than Kristena Singer opens the door and smiles at us. I don't think I'll ever get used to how strange she looks now, with her black and white hair and multi-colored eyes.

"Hey guys! Cas and I would've expected you to earlier. Was there traffic?" she greets warmly.

I feel my eyes widen in astonishment. She was expecting us?

"Yeah, traffic jam. Some guy got shot at a gas station and there were a bunch of news crews coming in and stuff," Dean jokes.

The strange girl laughs and steps back, allowing us inside. Macy is starstuck and throws her arms around Kristy exuberantly. From the expression on the supernatural being's face...she wasn't expecting that.

"Macy," she says a little awkwardly, "have the headaches come back?"

The prophet steps back, beaming radiantly.

"Nope! I get the visions still, but they don't hurt anymore. Whatever you did worked wonders."

Kris pats her head with a satisfied smile before gently prying her off.

"Good, just remember to write down what you see, because it's impossible for a human to remember everything."

With that, Kris ushers us inside and shuts the door behind us. There are stairs leading directly up to the second floor in front of us. To the left is a huge living room, complete with a flat screen on one side and a fire place on the other. To the right is a huge, fully stocked kitchen with cherry wood cabinets, chrome appliances, and even a floor to ceiling pantry. The ceilings in this place are super high. All in all, it seems like the kind of place angels would live in.

Castiel is sitting on dove gray couch, watching Spongebob on the TV. For once, he's not wearing his trenchcoat or his suit, but a pair of jeans and a dark blue t-shirt.

"Hello Dean," he greets, looking away from the TV to address us, "Veronica Steele, Jayden Schmidt. Macy Lancaster, it's an honor to meet you."

I just sort of stand there for a minute. Castiel stands and shakes hands with each of us, a strangely casual gesture compared to the stiff greeting. Kristy starts towards the kitchen, pulling her dark hair up into a ponytail. I almost don't notice the white ends until I see them against the darker part of her hair.