Chapter 6: Adventures in Kris-sitting

A/N: Sorry for the slow update. Please enjoy, this chapter will include my second favorite angel, Balthazar!

*Cas*

 Kris is still hanging onto my shoulder when we appear at Balthazar's house. As much as I want to take her home, I'm afraid there's too much stimuli for her there. Balthazar's home is at least quiet. Besides that, I don't think I can stand having anyone else see these damn kitty ears.

"Castiel? What are you doing here?" Balthazar calls, coming down the staircase, glass in hand.

"Balthazar," I start, meaning to explain the state Kristy is in, but she cuts me off, crying 'Balsazar!' and jumping down with reckless abandon.

For a moment, I panic, thinking she's going to hurt herself, but she lands on her feet easily and runs to the other angel. He gives me a look that's both amused and confused, holding his drink in the air as she slams into his leg.

"A trickster has turned her into a child," I explain with dismay.

"I can see that," he answers, patting her head, "but let's be honest, she's always been a kid at heart."

I rake a hand through my hair agitated, a million thoughts running through my head, watching the little girl tugging at Balthazar's pant leg insistently. When he looks down at her again, she grins toothily and points at me.

"Look at Cassie's kitty ears!" she chirps.

He grins when he notices them, snickering.

"Yes, I see them," he agrees, a mischievous look in his eye, "I think he should keep them."

If looks could kill, Balthazar would be nothing more than a scorch mark right now. Kristy's smile widens and she stares at me wide eyed, like it's the most awe-inspiring thing she's ever heard.

"He should!" she laughs, running back to me and leaning on my leg, "Cassie, you should keep your kitty ears!"

I touch her head with a complacent smile before turning back to Balthazar sternly.

"I need you to watch her for a little while. At least until I can take care of something that's come up in Heaven," I tell him wearily.

He raises an eyebrow and snorts.

"Do I look like a Kristy-sitting service?" he gripes.

She giggles, hiding behind me and peeking around my pants.

"Please," I add, glancing at the four-year-old, "Heaven is too dangerous for her right now and I don't trust anyone else to protect her in my absence."

He smirks cheekily.

"Ah, Cas, your sentimentality has me tearing up," he jokes.

"Balthazar."

"Fine," he agrees with an over dramatic sigh, pointing at me with the hand holding the glass, "but you owe me for this."

I nod my thanks to him before I turn to Kristy, kneeling down to her level. She's still get a faint smile on her face, but when she sees my expression, her's sobers almost comically.

"You have to stay with...Uncle Balthazar for a little while, but I'll be back soon, I promise. You have to be good for him though. No flying or disappearing or anything like that, okay?"

She nods vigorously, the little charms on her necklace clinking a little.

"Okay, Cassie," she promises, hugging me.

I hug her in return and as I stand again, she runs to Balthazar and grabs hold of the hem of his shirt, but watches me with an almost heartbreaking expression.