Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

                Jace’s POV

Once Danni was done showing me her elements, I tucked her into bed and offer to get her some food. I’m amazed about how much she opened up to me about her past. How she lost her parents so violently and how she has been running for years; it blows my mind at how much strength see has. But what stunned me most was even though she has been through hell and back, her outlook on life is positive. She is not bitter or mad at the world. Every horrible thing she went through made her stronger and she doesn’t think highly of herself. 

I could tell it bothered her how she killed those men, but I don’t blame her for her actions. To see them laughing as the house burned down killing the only family she ever had. I would have done the same. Also I think she is afraid of it happening again; to lose control of herself. 

Walking into the kitchen I see that Erik and Alexis cooking bacon, eggs, and waffles.

“Hey guys mind if I make a plate for Danni and I?” I happily ask.

Alexis turns around and begins asking quickly, “How is she? Is she in pain? Should I go get the doctor? Is she scared? Does she know what we are?”

Smiling at how protective my little sister as I answer, “Danni is doing very well and is handling everything I have told her great. She knows we are werewolves and that me and her are mates. I told her everything about our family and she has told me everything about her past. I’m sure she will tell you guys when she is ready, but for now I want her to relax and focus on healing. So if you don’t mind I’ll grab some food and go,” I swiftly grab two plates already made with two bottle of waters and run out before I get grilled some more by Alexis.

Walking up stairs I hear Alexis call me a doo-doo head and I can’t help, but laugh. She gets madder when she hears me and Erik laughing at her choice of name calling.

Stopping outside of my bedroom I can hear that Danni is in the shower, so I go in setting down our plates. I’m a little ticked off that she didn’t stay in bed like I told her, but I let it slide.

Just as I sit down, Danni walks out with only a towel on and her hair wrapped in another one. How can girls do that?

“Oh hey I know you told me to stay in bed, but I smelled and I felt icky so I used your shower. Also I really need some clothes,” she says in a sorry tone that made me feel bad for being angry at her.

Jumping up I grabbed the duffel bag I had packed from her house. Handing it to her I reply, “Don’t worry about it, you been through too much and here are some clothes so change real quick and we can eat.”

Smiling, Danni takes the bag and heads back to the bathroom. I catch her scent mixed with my shower gel and it makes me purr deeply. Good Lord she is driving me crazy with little effort. Danni returns wearing a deep purple, off the shoulder shirt and black yoga pants that hangs to her curves.

“Do I smell bacon?” Danni asks with a happy smile.

I laugh before asking, “What type of man would I be if there wasn’t bacon?”

We sit down and she steals a piece before biting into it with a moan. So badly I just want to take those lips into mine, but I refrain myself.

“Hmmm a man after my own heart, this is great and thanks; I’m starving.” Danni adds in-between each bite.

“Alexis made everything and she has told me that you are also a great cook,” I answer as I take a bite of my waffles.

Danni blushes at that and it made my wolf happy, I like giving her complaints, she is truly amazing. Once we were finished, I help her up and I notice that her knuckles were busted up and bruised. I’m mad at myself for not noticing and wishing I could kill Randall again.