Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

                Danni’s POV

For the last few days, I have been staying with Jace at the pack house and I have been enjoying myself as I heal. Fortunately since I am an Elemental I heal a little bit faster than humans, but not as quickly as werewolves. Most of my cuts and bruises are gone and I can move around with ease. However Jace is always on my butt to take it easy.

Today is finally the big barbecue for the pack and I’ll get to meet everyone, which I am freaking out. What if they don’t like me or feel that I’m not good enough for Jace. I really don’t want them to hate me; it would so put a damper on things.

Sighing as a turned to the mirror to inspect my wardrobe, I put on a strapless dress that is white lace on the bodice with a blue and green flower pattern that shirt that flowed to above my knees and was separated by a brown belt. I paired the dress with brown gladiator sandals and simple diamond studded earrings. My hair is hanging loose in its natural waves, but I braided my bangs to the side and pinned it with a pretty barrette. I kept my make-up light and fresh with a bronze eye shadow that enhances both my eye colors and used a soft light pink on my lips. My mom always said that every girl needs a little make-up; you’re vain if don’t think so.

As I finish adding the finally touches to my outfit, I notice that Jace is behind me watching. Every time he is around me my heart stops.  Turning around to face him, I see that he is holding a small box in his hand.  

“I want to give you something that has been in my family for a long time,” Jace whispers as he hands me the box.

Taking it I gently lift the lid and I see a beautiful stone necklace pendant on a silver chain. The stone itself was beautiful, it was white, but it has blue, purple, and gold tones swirled around. Then it was wrapped in a shiny silver wire that intertwines with the chain. The entire pendant was no larger than a quarter.

Looking up at Jace, I smile and ask, “Will you help me put it on?”

Smiling back at me, Jace answers, “Of course beautiful, it’s a moonstone and it calms and relaxes the mind. It’s been in my family for over a hundred years, given to the mates of the Alphas.”

Hearing that makes my stomach turn, that makes me Luna. Crap, just more pressure on me, just great. Anyway as Jace hooks the necklace around my neck, I feel his fingers linger there making my shiver. I turn to look at him getting lost in his eyes. He is too good to be true.

“Thank you Jace it’s beautiful, but are you sure you want to give it to me?” I quietly ask.

Jace looks deep into my eyes as he says, “I want you to have this and if I can help it, I am never letting you go. Danni you are the best thing that has happen to me in my entire life. I love you so much and nothing will change how I feel about you.”

Once again Jace has left me speechless and the only way that I can respond is to kiss him. As we kiss, I weave my hands into his thick hair and I deepen the kiss that makes Jace purr. I love hearing him purr especially when we are in bed together and he’s asleep. We haven’t taken our relationship to far, because Jace doesn’t want to push me too much and I really appreciate that. I know that I love him, but I have no experience with guys and I don’t want to make a fool of myself.

We tear apart when someone knocks on the bedroom door, “Hey hurry up you two, people are getting here and I need help in the kitchen,” Alexis yells through the closed door.

We walk out and down the stairs hand in hand and I notice some people looking at us. Giving them a warm smile to hide how nervous I am, we make our way towards the kitchen. Along the way Jace introduces me to some people who seem nice enough, but from the corner of my eyes I notice a guy lurking in the corner. He was tall, but not as tall as Jace and he wasn’t as wide. He was nice looking, but doesn’t hold a candle to Jace. What puts me on edge was how he was watching me. He definitely gives off the creep factor, but I shake my head; I’ll ask Alexis, she knows everything.