Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

                Danni’s POV

I wake to birds chirping and the soft sunlight coming through the window. Last night was incredible. Jace took me to new heights of lovemaking and boy was he really, really great at it. Stretching out, I turnover to find that Jace is missing. Hmmmm, he is up to something…

Before I can investigate where Jace went, he walks in carrying a breakfast tray filled with biscuits and gravy, scramble eggs, orange juice, and of course bacon. What melted my heart was the single white daisy in a simple vase that stood beside the mouthwatering food.

Smiling at me, he places the tray on the table between the two chairs and walks over to the bed. I reach my arms out for him and he gently pulls me up to him. Pressing a kiss to my lips, we end up staying like this for a minute or two.

Leading me to one of the chairs, he tells me, “I thought I would attempt a southern breakfast for you. I will say that Alexis helped me a little.”

“I love it! I especially love the daisy, thank you so much babe.” I say as I grab some bacon.

Smiling at me, he digs into his own food and I have to say that it was really good. We settle into a comfortable silence, the type that doesn’t feel awkward or forced. I love how I can be myself around him. I have finally found someone who loves me for me.

Sighing in content, I face Jace and just watch him. In everything he does he does it so graceful. He even makes eating bacon look effortless. Sensing me looking at him, Jace pulls me into his lap and kisses the tip of my nose. I love being in his arms, I feel so safe and completed.  

Suddenly I remember something I wanted to ask him. So I lay my head on his shoulder and ask, “I was wondering if it’s alright to have my grandmother move into my old house?”

“Well it is fine with me, but she can stay here.” He replies.

“I know, but I know she feels like a weight on us and it will give her some privacy. Also she will be close enough to visit for when we have children.” I answer honestly.

Jace smiles at the word children and asks, “You want children?”

“Of course I do, I would like to wait a while. I have always wanted kids, but was always afraid that someone would try and harm them because of what I am. But you have given me new faith into having things that I thought were never possible.” I answer before kissing him on the lips.

As we kiss I can feel Jace’s chest vibrate as he lets out a purr. Breaking apart we just sit there looking into each other’s eyes in silence. I feel Jace tracing circles on my outer thigh as I twist my fingers into his hair.

“I think I could stay like this forever. We should get up and ask Gretchen if she wants to move into your old house.” Jace whispers.

Sighing I hop up and say, “Well I’ll take a shower and you are welcome to join me.”

With that I feel Jace lift me over his shoulder and reply, “I’m glad you ask sweetheart.”

After an hour we make our way down stairs to find the twins and Grandma painting by the pool. The twins were making blobs of colors all over their papers while Grandma was painting a beautiful meadow.

“Wow guys those are wonderful.” Jace greets as I kiss Grandma on the cheek and ruffle the boys’ hair.

Kent looks up at me and says with a toothy smile, “These are for you Aunt Danni.”