Chapter 6

The warm smell of fresh muffins and cake filled the air as you, Tom, Ava and Tasha lounged around comfortably. Everyone dressed up in semi-formal wear- Thomas wearing a plain white business shirt and black tie, while you, Ava and Tasha all wore dresses of varying lengths, colours and patterns.

"I believe it's time we hand out gifts!" Ava announced cheerfully, stretching out to grasp the bag filled with boxes and bags.

"I'll go first," Tom spoke up, putting aside the bottle of beer. Ava passed him the bag, which he shuffled through to pull out three small boxes.

"To my beautiful fiancée, talented sister and amazing mum, the three most important women in my life, happy Easter!" Thomas smiled, handing out each of the boxes.

"Aww Tom!" You blushed, pulling the man beside you into a tight embrace as you pulled the ribbon from the little black box.

Inside, a beautiful silver ring glistened in the light, an intense emerald green gem standing out against the dark satin fabric within the box. Similar gasps of awe followed as Ava and Tasha opened their boxes to reveal similar gifts.

Thomas' slender fingers pulled the ring from its place, grabbing your hand and slipping it onto your index finger.

"Beautiful," he murmured in satisfaction, seeing you eyes sparkle nearly as bright as the gem.

"Oh Tommy, this is so sweet, thank you!"

"Yeah, thanks Tom, its wonderful."

"You're welcome, I'm glad you guys like it," Tom smiled warmly.

"Alright, its my turn!" You chirped enthusiastically. Your gifts were in their own bag that you had brought down from Thomas' room. You handed out the wrapped gifts, hoping that they would appreciate them all.

You watched intently as the sound of paper ripping filled the silence.

"What's this?" Thomas laughed, inspecting the DVD cover.

"A memorabilia," you responded with a cheeky smile as Tom continued to look over the Maze Runner DVD.

"Aww you too are too sweet together, I'm gonna get diabetes!" You heard Ava cry as she watched the exchange. You simply rolled your eyes as you returned your attention to the other gift that sat in you lap.

"This as well,' you murmured, passing it over to Tom. It was cylindrical, black fabric buttoned up with a brown leather strap. Thomas eagerly unraveled the gift to reveal a range of sketching pencils and erasers.

"I love it, thank you Love," he smiled, pulling you close for a kiss.

"Do you like your gifts?" You turned to Ava and Tasha.

"Oh yes, they're lovely!" Tasha smiled widely, both women inspecting the set of sapphire blue earrings.

"Happy Easter, everyone!" Ava chirped up

I know I know, this is a super short and not really interesting chapter. I've just had I a lot of trouble being motivated to keep writing this chapter, it was really just a filler until I got things going. That's also why I've been so late to publish, but thank you all so much! Hopefully I can get another chapter published soon. I promise this next one will be much better and definitely longer!