{| - 15 - |}

I'm super excited for this book! It's coming along nicely! Hope you all are enjoying!

It's also amazing how all motivation can return to me after listening to just one song-

~ Pastel
________

{Shelby's POV}

When dinner rolled around, everyone made their way to the humungous cafeteria in their own time. I went after a little bit of thought of whether I should encounter so many people, but my hunger got the best of me.

I kept to myself as I walked there, sat down and glanced around the place. It was like a buffet here, you could grab what you wanted, however much you wanted for what they had here at that moment. Though, it was all placed in the middle of all the tables so you didn't have to go and get up all the time. You could just grab what you wanted and eat it. I grabbed what I wanted and I what I could and started eating, my stomach thanking me afterwards.

As I had just started to eat, two people sat in front of me. It was that ginger and the boy with squirrel features from before. "Heya," Ross said to me with a smile. I had remembered his name from earlier when the nurse yelled at them.

I looked at him shyly and smiled back slightly, mumbling a slightly high pitched hello.

The ginger chuckled softly. I couldn't remember his name, "What a way to introduce yourself, Ross."

Ross shrugged and started getting food. "Hi, I'm Ross and I love food and especially Mountain Dew." He said and started eating. The ginger rolled his eyes and got some food too.

"I'm Max," the ginger said, "We normally sit here and noticed the new girl was over here so we decided to say hey."

I smiled a little more, "I'm Shelby, nice to meet you." I noticed Ross perk up a little bit in slight disbelief and I tilted my head at him, "Something wrong?"

"Huh? Oh.. it's nothing." Ross waved off his thought and looked away slightly.

We sat in awkward silence for a couple minutes before Max asked me some questions, "So, Shelby. The people who rescued you said you were in the middle of the forest that surrounds the huge city. They said you looked pretty beaten up terrible. How long were you out there, if you know?"

I paused to ponder this, "Oh," I trailed off thinking. "I'm honestly don't know. Week and a half, two weeks at most." I mumbled. Ross and Max were silent for a bit. "I had no food. No water. I was dehydrated and starving. It was kinda cold too. And lonely. Though I'm used to lonely, I'm not used to so many people." I said quietly.

"I'm sorry." Max said, his face soft. The complete opposite of what he was like the other day, angry and upset. He looked like a calm person. At least now he did. "Judging by that, it sounds like you escaped a facility." I nodded and was quiet. "Sorry you went through everything you went through at the facility. Ross and I escaped from a facility as well, but we don't like to talk about it . . ." His voice trailed off. His eyes went dark and he looked down at the table.

"Well, let's not linger on this for now. Shelby, how do you like it here so far?" Ross said, and I could see in his eyes some pain from trying to ignore his past. They must of had some terrible experiences where they were held; judging by this awkward start I would say maybe even worse than mine.