{| - 17 - |}

Hopefully you enjoyed the last chapter ;3

~ Pastel
________

{Shelby's POV}

A few days later I was sitting in the back of a van, going on a mission with Max, Cory, and Alesa. I sat next to Max and across from Cory as Alesa drove.

Max told me we were just scouting for people and anything else we could find. We were going to make one full trip around the city, which he said would take a few hours. We had only just started so it would take a while.

"So, you're the new girl, right?" Cory said to me. I nodded.

"Shelby, and you're Cory, right?" I asked wanting to be sure. He also nodded.

"You have telekinesis powers?" He asked. I nodded again.

"Yeah, And mind manipulation. I can make people see things that aren't there, but I'm not good at it . ." I trailed off.

"You'll get better. We have a training area on the lower levels of the Latibule and people will help you control your power and help you grow stronger." Cory explained, "I normally go down to watch if I'm bored. I watch people use their powers all the time." With that Cory started to list off some people I didn't know and exactly what they could do and what they were like and looked like.

"Sheesh, how do you remember everything, Cory?" Max asked even though he knew the answer all too well.

"Maybe it's because I spend a great deal of my time there watching and observing?"

"Or maybe it's just the fact that you have a freaking photographic memory!" Max said a rush of frustration in his voice. "I wish I could have a photographic memory . . Maybe then I could actually remember to turn my alarm on to wake me up to go train in the morning for once." Max pouted.

Cory and I let out a small laugh and I noticed Cory's cheeks flush slightly. I remembered my cousin, Ross, telling me Cory didn't like to talk about himself or have people brag about him even if it was the smallest touch of it.

We continued on our way until the van slowed down. It kept moving but much slower now. Max stood up and opened the back doors of the van. Wind whipped at my face and blew my hair slightly. I pushed it out of the way.

Finally the van slowed to a stop and immediately Max jumped out and so did Cory. Cory waited for me and extended his hand for me to take. I grabbed his hand and jumped out, holding his hand helping me regain balance a lot faster. I nodded a thanks and let go.

"So now what?" I asked as Max shut the doors to the van.

"Now we look around." He said and I saw Cory hold a pistol in his hand.

Max and Cory started walking and I followed. "Normally we don't find anything but we get out to search around." Max said.

"We get out at least eight times. See that tree over there?" Cory pointed past me and I turned around to see a tree with a large 'X' carved into it. I hummed a yes. "We get out when we see those. We look around the area. Sometimes we find people out here, sometimes we find government weapons along with dead guards. It normally indicates there is an escapee from a facility close by and they just killed the men that were after them."