CHAPTER 2: SID

"Am I dead?" I said. "You're lucky enough not to be." said a voice. "What?" I said. I opened my eyes and saw the girl sitting beside me. "Oh, this is about the fourth time I keep running into you. I wonder if it's starting to become a bad habit?" I said. "Injured with a sense of humour that's good." said the girl. "If I'm not dead where am I?" I said. "You're in a cottage of mine desolate and outside of the city. A friend came by to patch up your bite wounds." she said. "Why am I not in a hospital?" I asked her. "My friend didn't deem it necessary." she said. "Well your friend doesn't seem to know what he's doing. I was almost torn to bits, for Christ sakes!" I said.

"By a man." she said. "No, it wasn't a man. It was a wolf. A wolf attacked me." I said. "There are no wolves in Chichibu." she said. "This one was different. It had violet fur." I said. "Ookami Baioreto." she said. "What?" I said. "It's an animal only of legend. Said to roam Chichibu on nights like the last. It's suppose to obtain unusual abilities." she said. "What kind of abilities?" I asked. "I know so little of the creature. My friend that stitched you knows more about it." "How did I get here?" I asked. "Someone dropped you here." she said.

"Well now that I'm practically torn apart here, I'd say that this would be a damn good time to get to know each other." I said. "My name is Aya. Aya Nakamura. I was born and raised here in Tokyo. I'm 23 and have never been with another man in my life. Has that answered your questions, Canadian?" said Aya. "Vincent." I said. "What?" Aya said. "My name is Vincent Vaiser, I'm 24, always had my head stuck in myths, folklore and isolated myself from society. Until I came here. My father is half Native, my mother is Caucasian. Just thought you should know, since you've shared your story." I said.

"Where's Ayano? Does he even know I'm here?" I asked. "No one knows you're here but you and me. Get some rest, I'll be back soon." said Aya. "Wait, where are you going?" I said. "Just out to get more medical supplies, don't worry." she said softly. I closed my eyes, hoping I could sleep off the pain near my shoulder. 7:12pm. I heard snarling and growling when I awoke from my slumber. I feared more of that wolf's friends were prowling around here looking to finish the job. But there was nothing outside. While trying to talk it felt like my throat had been badly damaged. My skin had sprouted fur. Fur as brown as a grizzly's. My finger nails evolved into dark claws. "What's happening to me? I feel odd." I said as my voice deepened.

"Mirror. I need a mirror!" I shouted. Luckily I found one but I wasn't going to like what I was about to see. It wasn't me I saw in the mirror, it was a monster. My face had transformed into a brown furred giant wolf head.

	My eyes were yellow, my teeth were sharp, black, and my whole body was covered in brown fur

My eyes were yellow, my teeth were sharp, black, and my whole body was covered in brown fur. All I saw in the mirror was a giant brown wolf standing on his two back feet. "No. No." I said. "Nooo!" I shouted. Driven with this lush, I crashed out of the cottage and ran out on the pavement of road. I could see everything, hear everything, smell everything. Darkness was clear as daylight for me.

From the desolate cottage in the woods, I made my way back to the city. Running this fast has never felt so great. I felt new, better, reborn. My transformation was so advanced I was able to jump across from buildings. My claws could retract to any wall, surface, anything I was able to climb. This monstrous form I took shape was stronger and taller than that of my physical. The only thing I was certain at the moment was, I was hungry.