EPILOGUE: THE WOLF WALKS

It's not hard for outsiders to say goodbye to a place they only spent so little in. But to those who lived in that place their whole life and have no other choice but to leave, is too much to bear. Sid was the first to bid fair well to the city that surrounded him and the woman that lived in it. "It looks like the old girl is right on her way to re-building itself." Sid said staring at the half finished Lian. "Look, I want you to have this. So you'll remember me." Sid hands Xau his lighter.

"Sid, you had this for so long. I can't take it." says Xau. "I can always steal a new one, love. No worries." said Sid. "I know it's hard for you, Xau. Saying goodbye to an old regular like this. But Vince needs me. More than ever. I wouldn't be leaving for any other reason. I can't just let him go." he says. Xau rushes over to Sid and gave him a wet, juicy, kiss on the lips. "Oranges." he said with a tear dripping from his sunglasses. "So you'll remember me." she says back. "See you around, sweetheart." Sid says as he kisses her goodbye.

Aya than says farewell to the only parent she had ever known. "Many wishes of enlightenment to you, child." says Fumio. "Thank you, Fumio." says Aya. "Do look after him. The fate of the world rests upon his shoulders now." he says back. I than walked towards him to say my thanks. "Thank you for teaching me the ways, Fumio. None of this would happen if I didn't come to you." I said. "It was you that tamed your own inner demons, Vincent Vaiser. All I did was observe." says Fumio. "The old Ookami Baioreto, what was he meant to be?" I asked him. "He was meant to be the protector of peace. To vanquish anything that threatened to destroy this world." says Fumio.

"Than that is what I must do." I said to him. "Follow the mandril, for he will light the path to the evil that you seek." He whispers into my ear. "What do we do?" Aya asked me. "The Namahage were just the beginning. There's something else going on out there. And the white wolf is at the head of the table. We hunt down every foul creature until we find the one man who's responsible for all of this. And kill him." I told her. "Where do we even start?" she asks.

"Sid, where do you think we should start?" I asked him. "Well, I heard Norway's nice this time of year." said Sid. "Norway?" asks Aya. "Why bloody hell not? There's so much sights to see. Sure, the food's shit but we could see some very "interesting" people there. If you know what I mean." he says. "Nordic Gods? You think there's such thing?" I asked. "Mate, you're talking to an invisible bloke right now and you're asking me if Nordic gods exist?" said Sid. "Point taken. Norway it is. I just need to make a phone call before we go, ok?" I said.

They nod as I head to the closest telephone. As I dispense change into the phone I type in my home phone number. It goes to the answering machine so I leave a voicemail, "Mom, Dad, Paiton, it's Vincent. Something bad has happened to me and if you saw or read the news lately you should know that monster is me. Don't try to contact me, this maybe the last time we speak. I don't want to risk any of you getting hurt. I can't come home, there is so much for me to do. It's too late for me to turn back. Know that I love you all very much, and that I will always keep you in my heart. Goodbye." The battle was won, but the war is far from over.

THE END

FOR NOW