CHAPTER 3: BASAN BROTH

It's morning, the curtains are still closed and there is no sign of Sid in our room. I lay naked on my mattress surrounded in fur. I'm human again, which was odd given that I looked like a monster not too long ago. While looking through the shutters my eyes felt as if they were burning from the inside. But in the dark everything looked clear. Than I heard from two rooms away, a woman sobbing. I went off to that room to see what Sid had done this time, "Isn't it a bit early to make whores cry..." I stopped when I saw something that could quite be considered common in a brothel. "Oi, haven't you ever heard of privacy mate?" he said while penetrating a woman from behind. "Oh, keep going." she said moaning. "I'll just wait outside." I said. "Yeah, you do that." said Sid.

30 minutes later, "Alright, all ready." said Sid. "Well you took your time." I said. "Something about you looks different today. Where's your fur?" said Sid puzzled. "On my mattress. It happened overnight. This is what I really look like." I told him. "Bloody hell. Man by day and wolf by night." said Sid. "What do you make of it?" I said. "Who the fuck knows. Let's go." said Sid. After we exited Lian, we made our way to Ayano's building. I took some shades with me to prevent my eyes from natural light. To the people of Tokyo, I looked like a blind man who had just lost his walking stick.

"So what exactly is your affiliation with Genesis?" said Sid. "When are you ever serious?" I said. "Good point." said Sid. "The man behind Genesis, Dr. Honda is my mentor." I said. "No shit. You know Hondy?" said Sid. "How the fuck do you know him?" I said. "Oh, it's a long story. I'm sure he'll tell you when we get there. This is actually his coat it is. I thought it looked better on me though." said Sid. "You stole his coat?!" I said. "He let me steal it. He'll tell you the same." said Sid.

We head through the lobby and came across the receptionist. "Hi sir, it's me again. I need to see Dr. Honda it's very urgent." I said. "Sorry young man, the doctor is very busy at the moment. Come back later." said the receptionist. Sid came up to his desk and said, "Oi Bethany, are you gonna let us see Hondy or am I going to have to get him myself." "I'm not sure if this is a good idea..." said the man. "Don't make me spank you in front of the class, young man!" Sid shouted. "Go, go ahead, do whatever you want. Please don't spank me, mummy!" he said as he hid under his desk. "How the hell did you do that?" I said. "It's just this way I have with people. Another perk of being invisible." said Sid. "Ayano." I said as we entered his lab. "Oh, God Vincent. You're alive! I thought for sure you were gone." said Ayano giving me yet another hug. "Sir, we need to talk. Chichibu it changed me." I said. "In what ways?" said Ayano. "Hondy! Good to see you, mate! It's been a hell of a long time." said Sid.

"Ah, I see you've encountered our favoured Mr. Hodson." said Ayano. "Oh do tell it, Hondy. The Ballad of Sid Hodson! That make one hell of a story that would." said Sid. "A year or so before you arrived, my protege. One of my students, an Englishman around his late twenties without question volunteered as a test subject for this experiment I was working on that can render a person's appearance to just fade away. Mr. Hodson had become crazed and confused." said Honda. "Did he steal your coat?" I said. "He stole the coat but he was unclothed and afraid." said Honda. "You see Vince, I told you. And it doesn't sound that magnificent when you tell it like that." said Sid. "Can we get back to the point here?" I said to Sid. "Fine, go on." said Sid.

"I've been experiencing some weird abilities." I said. "What kind of abilities?" said Dr. Honda. "My eyes burn when visible in sunlight, I can see everything in the dark, I can smell anything from a mile away, I can hear anything far from my reach. And I could've sworn the other night I looked like a monster." I said. "What happened to you on the night of the expedition, Vincent?" asked Ayano. "I was attacked by an animal that's not even suppose to exist. A wolf." I said. "Ookami Baioreto. I've heard the stories but I thought he'd never be real. Just a tale and a legend to frighten children to sleep." said Honda. "What's happened to me, doctor?" I asked. "What went on that night was no mere accident. He somehow passed his gift on to you, Vincent. Not intending to kill you." said Honda. "Can you examine my blood, Ayano?" I said.