CHAPTER FIVE; WHAT ARE YOU

chapter five
( mermaid )

     ODEYA SLAMMED her jeeps front door as she made her way toward the entrance of Beacon Hills hospital, carrying one bag of fast food in each hand

ODEYA SLAMMED her jeeps front door as she made her way toward the entrance of Beacon Hills hospital, carrying one bag of fast food in each hand. She turned around to push the door open with her back before someone opened it for her.

"What are you doing here?" Derek asked slightly panicked.

Odeya shrugged before Derek took both of the heavy bags for her, "I thought you, Stiles, and Scott would be hungry waiting here for Liam. Oh, and I got Liam a milkshake so he wouldn't feel left out" she explained, "But then I got thirsty. . ." she trailed off sheepishly.

The duo walked down the hospital corridor making their way to the elevator, Derek stopped Odeya. "I don't know if you should stay here" he stated, looking down at her due to the height difference.

Odeya ran a hand through her dark hair, she arched an eyebrow "Why not?" she asked confused.

Derek bit the inside of his cheek before his eyes widened as he came up with a lie. "Um, because the nurses here are really scary" he lied horribly, almost making the Stilinski laugh in his face at how innocent he was.

Odeya stifled a laugh, "I doubt that" she started as the door opened, "I've been here a couple times myself and they took pretty good care of me" she finished as the two stepped inside and pressed the button for the fourth floor.

"So you lived here your whole life?" Derek asked curiously, still trying to figure out a way to get her to turn around.

Odeya nodded, "But I left last year to go live with my aunt" she explained.

Derek nodded following alone, "Any reason why?" he pried, though Odeya didn't seem to care.

She shook her head, "I wanted to leave. Scott and Stiles were so secretive and at that time life seemed to be going downhill. . ." she trailed off, shutting her eyes for a moment while reminiscing as the elevator rang, the two stepped out. "Dad would drink scotch every night, every time I came home there he was, sitting at the kitchen table with a bottle of scotch. I thought he was done when I got back but everything still seems the same" she finished. Derek seemed to be listening to every word, Odeya shook her head "Don't listen to me whine though, I'm sure you've been through worse and what I'm saying is just some first world problem" she laughed lightly.

The two fell into an awkward silence as a scream rang through the hallway, and another one afterward. Derek and Odeya shared a look before Derek handed her the bag he was holding.