CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE; THE FUNERAL

song request: heaven - khalid

chapter twenty-five
( mermaid )

     IT HAD been nearly a week since the pack had been to Mexico

     IT HAD been nearly a week since the pack had been to Mexico. Since Odeya Stilinski was pronounced dead. The pack was falling apart, nothing was the same and nobody believed it ever would be the same again. Odeya had been the goofy part of the pack, she always knew what to say to lighten the mood. She knew when to be quiet and when to be defensive. Without her and Derek the pack was numb.

         Stiles missed her the most. She was his twin, they had grown up sharing everything. Birthdays, birthday parties, friends. Back then they hated it but right now Stiles would do anything to take it all back. To have his sister along side him. She always knew how to calm him down in a way nobody else could. When their mother had died, Odeya cried for thirty minutes and then she wiped away her tears. When Stiles asked how she was okay with this she had said, I'm not. But you need me and crying won't get me anywhere. Every since that day Stiles relied on his sister to help him dig himself out of the constant holes he dug. And it was his Senior year. The thought of his dad taking pictures of him in a cap and gown without her seemed impossible. There were still some times when Stiles was home alone that he would hear something in her room. He would run up there and nothing. It would hit him all over again, his sister was dead. And she wasn't ever coming back.

         Scott didn't know how to feel. He had grown up with Odeya, hell, they used to have play dates and play tag. She was never into colouring like most girls were. She liked getting dirty, she liked playing games. He remembered the first day he met her. She had been placed in his class maybe grade three or four and she cried the whole time cause she wasn't in the same class as her brother. Scott had talked to her and told her she would be her brother in this class. Odeya was how Stiles and Scott had even met. Every time he thought about her he wanted to cry, he had cried in his bed everyday since they got home. It was his fault she was dead, nobody else's, just his. She wouldn't be graduating with them because of him. He didn't know how he could move on, just thinking about her left a pain in his heart. She was dead and there was nothing he could do, nothing supernatural or human.

And Derek. Derek was travelling the world, visiting Greece, Italy, France, all the places they had talked about going to. He had left Braeden a couple days after they drove off, it felt wrong. He needed to mourn. But visiting all these places only made him angry, angry she would never get to experience it with him. He was angry they would never get to grow together. She was the love of his life. They had met and fallen in love in such a short amount of time and yet he felt as though he had been waiting for her his whole life. He didn't know how to breathe without her, let alone live.

Which led the pack to where they were right now. At Odeya's funeral. Lydia had helped choose a beautiful white dress for her to wear, she had helped curled her hair in the waves she always loved. She wasn't even wearing any makeup, she was naturally beautiful. Something Lydia had always been jealous of. She just wanted her best friend back, Malia and Kira didn't know her as long as she did, they didn't love her like she did.