CHAPTER TEN; YOU HAVE A FREAKING TAIL!

chapter ten:
( mermaid )

       THE DOOR to the Stilinski household slammed shut as Odeya walked through the front doors, chewing on the old gum she'd been too lazy to throw out

       THE DOOR to the Stilinski household slammed shut as Odeya walked through the front doors, chewing on the old gum she'd been too lazy to throw out. She stopped mid-track at the sight of Kira, Scott, Derek, and Stiles sitting in the living room with gloomy looks.

       Her face dropped, "What? did someone die?" she asked cautiously.

     She placed her bag on the hardwood floor and took her gum out of her mouth before throwing it into the garbage, wondering what would be so bad nobody answered her immediately. Her mind didn't even think it was about her.

        "We know" Stiles spat.

        Odeya froze, tilting her head before laughing light-hearted, praying that this wasn't about what she thought it was. "You know what?" she asked looking directly at Derek. Had he actually ratted her out? god if he had she would kill the werewolf.

       "He didn't tell us anything" Scott filled in for her, making Odeya drop her gaze.

      Kira stood there unsure what to say or do, Odeya knew Scott brought her along for support and not because she needed to be there.

      "This isn't fair" Odeya rushed out, "You're-You're acting like I'm a drug addict" she uttered out. She could feel all her walls coming down, everything she was supposed to do was gone. The one job she had when she came back was already ruined, they already knew everything about her and there was nothing she could do to change it.

      Stiles couldn't look her in the eyes, "You're on the list for twelve million dollars Odeya" He broke the news.

       Odeya look away for a moment as some tears clouded her vision. She was panicking, this wasn't how it was supposed to happen. "I know you guys probably think I'm evil but I'm not I'm-" she paused, getting soaked by the cup of water Derek through at her.

       Odeya glared at him, silently cursing as those six seconds came quicker than normal and she went tumbling down to the floor, making everyone seem taller than they really were.

      There were gasps heard before Stiles's eyes widened "Odessa Jackeline Stilinski, why do you have a tail!" he exclaimed in pure shock.

       Odeya laughed lightly, attempting to hide her shock that this was how they'd be finding out "Yeah-I'll uh, I'll get back to you on that" she began, holding her hand over her orange tail while steam covered everyone's vision, a few minutes later she was back on her feet.