CHAPTER TWELVE; SICKNESS AROUND THE SCHOOL

chapter twelve
( mermaid )

       ODEYA LOOKED up at her popcorn ceiling, laying down on her bed as she thought of the best way to help Lauren

ODEYA LOOKED up at her popcorn ceiling, laying down on her bed as she thought of the best way to help Lauren. School started in twenty minutes and she wasn't done getting ready for the PSATs. She just couldn't. There was a ache in her chest that didn't want to go away. It was like she knew something bad was going to happen and all she could do was sit back and watch. She wanted to help, but at the end of the day she couldn't.

"Odeya. . ." Stiles trailed off walking into her room and yanking off her warm sheets. "You're supposed to be getting ready for the PSATs remember?" he finished sternly.

Odeya groaned as the cold wrapped around her like a blanket, she slowly sat up running her hands through her thick, wavy hair. "I don't wanna do it" she complained, "I'm too tired and being a mermaid is hard and all" she admitted with a pout.

Stiles sent her a fake sympathetic smile, "Awh, so sad. Get ready for ten" he ordered before walking out of the room.

Odeya stuck her tongue out at him while his back faced her. "I shouldn't have to take this test, and I can drive myself to school you know!" she shouted.

"And I don't trust you!" Stiles yelled back.

・。・゜★・。・。☆・゜ 

WALKING TOWARD the school Kira couldn't help but wonder where Lydia was.  "Where's Lydia?" Kira asked as she, Stiles, Odeya, Derek, and Scott walked toward the high school entrance.

"She took it her freshman year" Stiles answered tightening his backpack straps. To which Kira nodded.

"Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Malia wondered rawly, picking at her nails in nervousness.

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us" Scott encouraged.

Malia shook her head, "Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good" she proclaimed.

"Well. . ." Stiles and Odeya muttered under their breaths. Odeya's head snapped up at him and they both shared a disgusted look at one another even though they secretly found it cool. Odeya was surprised Stiles knew that, she was always the spelling freak of her family.

Malia snapped her head at Odeya, "Well, what?" she grumbled.

"It's do well, not good" Odeya filled in, flattening out her black skater skirt in annoyance, she had no clue why today of all days she decided on wearing the shortest and tightest skirt she owned.