CHAPTER SIXTEEN; THE BENEFACTOR

chapter sixteen
( mermaid )

      THE BRUNETTE paced around the room while thoughts passed through her head, everyone was out of the house leaving Odeya to stew in the house and do the one thing to truly missed doing; poetry

      She exhaled, stopping in front of her desk and taking a seat to stop herself or else she'd most likely continue pacing for hours more. Lauren hadn't answered any of her Skype calls or messages and it was worrying Odeya. When Odeya had first moved in with her mother's sister, Jaine, her aunt she was sad and angry. Angry at the world, angry at herself for her mother's death. Although she'd never admitted it she blamed herself.

     Lauren had been the first one she'd met, the first friend she had made. One of the guys had tricked Odeya into helping him fix his boat when he sent the boat to the middle of the ocean, knowing full well Odeya had no clue how to guide the boat back to land. Luckily, Lauren managed to jump onto the boat and the two cruised for hours until they made it to Mako. That was the day everything changed.

     Odeya was so lost in thought she hadn't even noticed her hands trailing across the paper she had missed dearly, typing online was amazing but nothing beats good old paper.

      Her hand glided across the paper as words of darkness and light came into her thoughts, she smiled once she was done and leaned back in the chair, hearing the deafening silence.

      Her brunette locks combed over her face and she ran her hands through it, putting the pieces back into place as her mind landed on something else; food.

      Odeya's pen was scattered on the poem before she got up and ripped off her uncomfortable socks, throwing them on the floor before rushing downstairs and off to the kitchen.

      She ripped open the door and trailed her eyes along every item of food in the house. She froze, her eyes freezing on the apples and caramel dip placed opposite sides of the fridge, a huge smile forming on her face before she greedily pulled both items out and began slicing up the green apple.

     Odeya hopped onto the counter with the container of caramel in her hand and the sliced apple placed beside her before she picked up a slice, dipped it in the caramel and ate it. She didn't dislike fruit but it wasn't her favorite, caramel, however, was one of her favorites.

     The house felt eerie. Call it a sixth sense but she felt she wasn't alone, she shivered before picking up another slice and shaking off the feeling, knowing soon enough her dad, Stiles, or Derek would be home and all would be fine.

     Odeya jumped off the counter and began putting the caramel back into the fridge, not being able to shake the feeling that she wasn't alone anymore. Her feeling was right.