III. You Do Get Around

"What the hell was that?" Rose asked once I walked back in our room, "I know you didn't slip off the ship."

"Actually, I did." I said, "I tried to end it."

"Your life?" Rose asked, her expression softened, I nodded.

"I couldn't do it anymore, Rose." I said.

"And Jack stopped you?" Rose asked, I nodded.

"When he talked to me, I felt something." I said, "And it's something I've never felt before."

"(Y/n), I think you're falling in love with him." Rose told me.

"It's not like it matters." I said, "Mother would never approve of it."

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)." Rose said.

"You ever think about running away?" I asked.

"Everyday." Rose said.

"I'm going to go to bed." I said.

"Don't think about Jack too much." Rose teased.

"Stop it, Rose!" I said, covering my face. I lied down in my bed. And with no surprise, my mind shifted to Jack.

________

My eyes opened to Rose shaking me. I glared at her and she laughed at me.

"Come on, we have to dress for breakfast." Rose said.

"I'm actually going to skip breakfast, cover me?" I asked.

"Sure, you going to see Jack?" Rose asked, raising her eyebrow. I nodded.

"See you." I said, walking out of my room and to the third class area. I opened the gate and walk down the stairs. All the third class passengers' eyes went on me. I smiled and waved. I spotted Jack sitting and reading to a little girl. An older man came to get the girl and she waved to Jack.

Fabrizio smacked Jack's shoulder and pointed to me. Jack looked my way and stood up, walking over to me.

"Hello, Jack." I greeted.

"Hello, (Y/n)." Jack greeted, smiling at me.

"Can I speak with you?" I asked, Jack nodded but he didn't move, "A-alone please?"

"Oh — yeah." Jack said, I saw him hit another man while walking away. Once we were outside, I looked up at him.

"Fancy taking a walk?" I asked, Jack nodded at me.

"How's your day been?" Jack asked.

"Well, my sister woke up from a very nice sleep." I said, Jack and I laughed at that.

"So, what did you really want to talk to me about?" Jack asked me.

"I just wanna thank you again." I said, "Not just for pulling me over, but for your discretion."

"No problem, I'd save you anytime." Jack said, winking at me. I laughed a little while my face reddened.

"Thanks, Dawson." I said, still laughing.

"You're welcome, (Y/n)." Jack said. We kind of gazed into each other's eyes, smiling at each other. I could feel my heartbeat quicken and my face heat up. After a few hours of walking around the ship deck, we stopped by the rail.

"What's that book you always carry around?" I asked.

"Oh, this?" Jack asked, motioning to the leather book in his hands.