XI. We're Finally Flying

note. Before we start, I just want to set something straight. First of all, welcome to the last chapter of Finally Flying. Yes, after very inconsistent updates, we're here! Woo-hoo! Secondly, I am so sorry for neglecting this book and in a way, you guys. 2018 has been a rough ass year for me, believe it or not. But I plan on getting my shit together, starting right now! I hope you enjoy this chapter and I hope you've enjoyed the book overall. Titanic is a fandom immensely underrated. I only know of three other Jack Dawson x Readers on Wattpad. (You should check out the amazing authors, daesies_ and VioletSlytherin). Anyway, I hope you enjoy. P.S. Thanks for #1 in "Jack Dawson x Reader"!
Okay, let's get on with it.

    As soon as the freezing water hit my body, it was like a rush of coldness spread all throughout me. I kept ahold of Jack's hand, just like he told me to. The suction from the ship, however, was extremely strong. Jack was slipping away, he grabbed my life belt at an attempt to keep me with him, but to no avail. He was pulled away from the current. Once I finally hit the surface, I took a big gulp of air.

    "JACK!" I yelled, there were so many people, thousands, "JACK!"

    As I yelled for Jack, a man without a life belt decided it was best to use me as a floaty. In order to keep himself above water, he was holding me under, drowning me. I had barely popped my head out to get breath.

   "JACK!" I yelled. As I was pushed under again, my lungs were desperate for air.

   "Get off her!" The familiar voice of Jack yelled. I came above water to see the boy right in front of me.

   "Come on, (Y/n), follow me," Jack said, "Swim, (Y/n), swim!"

   "I'm so cold," I shivered.

   "Come on, (Y/n), swim!" Jack instructed. He led me over to a huge piece of a door from the ship.

   "Get on, (Y/n)," Jack instructed. I climbed onto the door, then Jack tried to. But he almost tipped it. I let out a small yelp as it tipped. Jack didn't get on.

    "Try again," I said.

     "It's not going to—"

      "I'll be dammed if I sit here and let you die in this water, Jack," I said, tears falling from my eyes, "Please try again."

    Jack nodded and wiped my tears away with the pad of this thumb. After a few tries, we still hadn't got it.

    "It's not g-going to work," Jack stuttered, the cold was affecting him a lot.

    "I have an idea," I said. I took my life belt off.

    "Woah, (Y/n), put that back on!" Jack exclaimed.

    "T-trust me, Jack," I stuttered, sliding off of the door, "You trust me, right?"

     "I trust you," Jack whispered. I untied the life belt, swung the other end over the door, then handed the buckle to Jack.

    "Hold this," I said, he nodded. I swam over to the other side of the door and grabbed the other side of the buckle, "Okay, Jack, when I say, I'm going to need you to swim under and tie your end to mine, got it?"

   Jack nodded his head at me. I gave him a nod in return.

   "Now," I said. We both swam under the door and quickly tied our ends together. When we came back up, I pushed down on the door, "It's more sturdy, it should fit both of us now."