Chapter 3

"Iris! Hey! How was school?" my mom cheerfully asked.

I shrugged and grabbed an apple out of the bowl on the kitchen counter. I took a bite out of it. "Okay I guess. Lots of bitches. That's for sure."

She laughed. "Yeah. I hate to say it but there will always be."

I raised my eyebrow at her. "Then why did you make me move if you know that there will always be?"

"I just want the best for you, Iris."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, okay." I turned around and walked out of the kitchen throwing the apple away. "I'm going to be in my room! Don't bother me!" I yelled walking up the steps.

I went in my room and locked the door. I got my Violin case and my stand. I set up my stand then got my music book out. I got my shoulder rest and put it on the Violin. I tightened my bow and put Rosin on it. I made sure it was tuned then started to play.

"This is too easy," I muttered to myself. "Too slow paced. They should do something faster."

I flipped towards the end of the book and saw a hard piece. "Here's a challenge."

I didn't sound so good when I tried to play it. It made me cringe. "Iris! Come down here!" I heard my mom yelled.

I groaned and set my Violin on my bed. "I said that I didn't want to be bothered," I reminded her while walking down the stairs.

"I know, but we have a visitor."

I walked downstairs and saw a woman. "Hello," she commented with a smile.

I crossed my arms and leaned on the wall. "Why do I have to be down here?" I asked my mom.

"They have a son your age. I thought you should meet him and be friends."

I saw the brunette walk through the door. The same brunette that had emerald green eyes and was named Eren.

"Iris!" he cheered happily.

"You have got to be shitting me right now," I mumbled wide eyed. "Eren?"

"I'm surprised you remembered me," he muttered rubbing the back of his neck and glancing to the side.

"Uh, right. Well, we're going to talk in the living room. Do you guys want to do something?" his mom asked. She clearly didn't like the fact that I cussed.

"You wanna play basketball?" Eren asked me.

I sighed and ran upstairs to grab my boots. I came back down and walked out the door. "Lead the way," I offered. The sun was too bright and I could feel it slowly tanning my pale skin.

He closed the door and walked to the right. "I'm just a few houses down."

We came to his house and he went in then came back out with a basketball. He walked over to me while dribbling it with his right hand.

"You know how to play?"

"I wouldn't have agreed if I didn't," I stated plainly to him.

I stole the ball from him and ran up to make a lay up. I made it and he grabbed the ball. "Not too shabby," he remarked, a goofy grin on his face.

I scoffed. "Don't you think your girlfriend will get pissed off if she sees us?" I asked trying to get the ball from him.

He raised it over his head that way I couldn't reach. He looked down at me. "Girlfriend? I don't have a girlfriend."

I laughed. "Mikasa."

His face turned red. "We're like family," he stated looking away from me.

"Family my ass," I shot back. I jumped up trying to reach the ball. "More like incest. Now give me it!"