Chapter 14

When it was Saturday, it was literally the sunniest day there was. The sun must have been in a pretty good mood if it was shining that bright. It might as well been the tele-tubby sun.

Saturday was the day I actually got out and walked around to the skating rink because I was like, "Why the fuck not?" I saw people from school there which was one of the things I didn't want to happen.

They were the same girls who thought I was emo or goth. The same girls who thought I was weird. The same guys who thought I was a freak show. The same guys who hated my guts.

All the bitches.

I saw all the bitches.

Apparently, our shitty school had a day where everyone would go to the skating rink. Whenever they would tell the workers they were from our school, money would somehow be donated to our school. I didn't fully understand why, but I didn't care.

And it just so happened yesterday was that one day.

So there went my Saturday.

Today, it was totally different. It felt so depressing which kind of made sense since our generation is so depressed. The sky was a dark gray, the clouds were also gray telling everyone they were about to take a long and heavy piss on us. The sun wasn't showing even in the slightest possible way. It was just dark.

And I was out here, on the bench in the park wearing a solid black hoodie and black jeans with black Chuck Taylor's. I looked like a depressed girl enjoying the depressing day.

Which was partly true. I wasn't depressed, but I enjoyed how dark it was and felt. I had the hood over my head and had earphones in. I was going to get soaked in the rain while listening to music.

This was how I was going to spend my Sunday.

I sat there on the bench, my music on shuffle, kicking my feet back and fourth, waiting for the clouds to piss clean water.

House of Wolves by My Chemical Romance came on when I saw the first crack of lightning in the distance.

I smiled to myself and counted off the seconds till the thunder came. Sure enough, in five Mississippi's, a large thud of thunder sounded.

I turned my music up louder when I felt a drop of water on my cheek. I made sure my phone was completely hidden away from the water before all the others came down.

Finally, I felt drops of water slowly fall from the sky. Pretty soon, they came down faster than the speed of light.

I smiled as the drops of water were soaking me and my music was practically on full blast. I leaned my head back and felt the cool water on my face. Drops started on my forehead then made their way down the rest of my face.

Dead! by My Chemical Romance.

I started to tap my fingers against the bench and hummed quietly. I saw more lightning off in the distance. The bolt was sort of a mix of yellow and white, but it seemed like it was outlined in a thin layer of purple.

My black hoodie looked like it was even a darker shade of black because of how damp it was. The same goes for my jeans. I got up from the bench and started to walk to wherever my feet took me.

I ended up walking to a small corner store that didn't get much service. I was going to go in, then I remembered that I was soaked. I instead sat on the bench outside that was shielded from the rain by the roof.

I waited till I wasn't dripping wet to go in. I turned my music down. The lady working at the counter greeted me warmly as I walked in, probably happy someone was here. I gave her a small smile and went looking for some things.