Chapter 4

My mom wanted to move the second she saw me. It's only been a day and I got beat up. I told her I will not move and that this is the best place I have been to. That wasn't the truth though, I just wanted to beat Levi so hard he would lose his shitty attitude.

I didn't have too severe injuries. The sides of my stomach were bruised badly and they hurt like hell. My cheek was bruised too, but that surprisingly didn't hurt as much. I got bad headaches here and there, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

Eren was a wuss saying how his sides hurt when he didn't get beat as bad. I bet it did hurt, but he acted like it was the end of the fucking world or something. As expected, Mikasa was pissed when she saw Eren hurt. She was outraged. She knew who it was by the sight of me and immediantly went to find him. I don't know what happened, but in the morning she had a brusie on her arm and cheek. I would have to wait till the end of the day to see what Levi looked like.

Whenever the teachers saw me they were like, "Oh God! Iris! What happened?!" But I knew none of them meant it. They just had to act like they pitied me cause it was the teacher thing to do. Only one of them didn't ask me what happened or asked if I was okay so far. It made me really happy that they didn't ask.

***

The sounds of people talking and laughing was bouncing off the walls. The cafeteria was far too loud for my liking and it gave me a small headache. I toughed it out though for Eren, Armin, and Mikasa. It turns out that I was right and Armin is a guy. Now I don't seem like too much of a bitch. Right?

"I want to beat his ass," Mikasa stated talking about Levi. "Again."

"Mikasa, don't," Eren warned. "You're already hurt and I don't want you to get yourself hurt even more." Oh spare me.

Mikasa looked at Eren. "He hurt you badly and I want him to feel the same pain." I scoffed at her comment. She glared at me. "What?"

"Well for starters," I told her, "Eren did not get beat as bad as I did. I understand it may hurt, but it doesn't hurt so bad that it's the end of the damn world." Eren was surprised by my words and Mikasa looked like she could kill me. Armin was the only one who got it. "So stop being a wuss. Second of all, you can't attack someone when all you feel is rage."

Mikasa's expression softened and she asked, "What do you mean?"

"People fight sloppy whenever they're mad. You have to be smart when you fight."

Armin grinned. "What are you suggesting we do?"

"I'm not suggesting anything. I'm giving hot head here advice. I understand you're pissed, as am I, but be smart about this. As much as I hate to say it, Levi is a strong fighter. No one at the other schools I've been to was that strong."

She glared at me for a few seconds then sighed. "I guess you're right..."

"Now, can you two love birds stop being so lovey-dovey? Thanks," I remarked sarcastically.

Eren and Mikasa both looked up at me the same time with their eyes wide and a blush on their cheeks. "WE AREN'T DATING!" they yelled in unison.

I gave them a skeptical look. "Whatever you say." Armin laughed and they blushed even more with their heads down.

***

I walked into Reading/English class with a smirk on my face. Hanji saw me and she decided not to say anything. She had her brown hair in a ponytail and had her rectangle glasses on. I looked for Levi. He had one small bruise on his cheek. My smirk faded when I saw that. I glared at him as I sat down. I put my things on my desk messily. I felt his glare burn into my skull.