Chapter 9

It was Wednesday. I have indeed lasted a week here which surprised Levi. It surprised me a little bit too. But either way, I was glad I lasted a week. Let's see if I can last a month.

It's also been more than a week since I got beat up. I'm fully recovered, but I'm not going to beat Levi senselessly yet. I have to be smart about this. If I possibly get beat up again, I want to get beat up on Friday.

At least I won't go to school looking like complete shit.

I woke up earlier then I usually do so I could walk to school. Today the sky wasn't as bright, the air was cool, and I wasn't tired for once in my life.

I went to my closet and grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans. I grabbed a black hoodie that had a white circle in the middle. In that white circle was a black one. And in that black one was another white one. You can see where this is heading. I grabbed a black pair of Converse and put my hair in a ponytail.

I don't know, today I felt like wearing black.

Let the, "Are you goth?" questions begin.

I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs and found my mom on the couch. "Someone's being a couch potato today, huh?" I joked, walking towards her.

She looked up and gave me her usual bright smile. "It's just one of those days. What are you doing up so early?"

I shrugged. "I felt like walking to school today." I paused for a second. "It's just one of those days," I mimicked.

She laughed quietly and shook her head. "Alright, but don't be out there too long, it looks like it's going to rain."

I walked over the window. Sure enough, the sky was slowly turning gray. I groaned. "That puts a dent in my plans." I sighed. I turned around and said, "I'll bring an umbrella."

My mom nodded. "Alright. You might want to get going. Try not to get soaked."

I grabbed a small umbrella by the door and called out, "Alright. Bye." I walked out the door before she had a chance to reply.

I took one last look at the sky and sighed. I walked to the sidewalk and headed for school.

While I was walking my mind wandered off to some weird things. Like what I would be missing on Tumblr at this very second. Then it wandered to even weirder things.

Levi.

I thought about his sharp, gray eyes that intimidated people. For some reason, they didn't intimidate me. I thought about the fact that even though he's pretty fucking short, he was one of the strongest people I have ever met. I thought of his stupid short, black hair styled in an undercut. Like seriously, does anybody wear their hair like that anymore?

I thought about why he was such a douche. I mean, sometimes guy are just douches, but Levi seems like he has a reason. He seems so calm at times, but he is the rudest person if you get on his bad side. He's always so cold; always frowning. It was also hard to see what he was thinking while he could see right through my walls.

And I hated that.

I didn't want anyone to see through my walls.

He's also such a clean freak and I don't understand why. Sure, dirty things can be annoying. But if he sees one speck of dust, he'll lose his shit and clean the room two times. He wanted his hoodie washed two times for crying out loud. Maybe he needs an intervention or something.

I heard a small rumble of thunder which snapped me out of my thoughts of Levi for a moment. The sky was darker since I last looked at it, but it hadn't rain. I was waiting for it. I was waiting for the one drop of rain that would fall and then the others pouring down on me.