Chapter 10

The rest of the day was kind of a blur. All I could really think about was Levi. Iris Hamilton was thinking about someone that way. It freaked me out a bit. I did not like Levi. I will not like Levi. I want to beat his somewhat attractive face to the cold, hard concrete ground and make him feel worse pain then I did.

But if I want that to happen, why didn't I tell him to screw off back then? Why didn't I break gazes with him? Why didn't I reject him when he leaned in?

Fucking girl emotions these days..

By lunch time, Eren and the others were worried about me. Even Mikasa. I was glad she legit cared, it showed that we could possibly be friends one day. I all assured them that nothing was wrong and my mind was just wandering around. Which was true. Nothing was actually wrong with me, I was just confused I guess.

I hated Levi and he surely hated me. Why the hell did he try to kiss me?

I wondered if I did the right thing walking away from him when we were by the wall. I wondered if I would have liked it if he kissed me. I've never actually kissed someone, let alone have time to have pesky little feelings someone. You always see people kiss in those romantic movies and they act like it's so magical. I wonder if it actually is.

"Iris..." Eren sighed quietly. "What's wrong?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and jerked my head towards him. "Huh? What? Oh, nothing is wrong." He gave me a look telling me he didn't believe me. I sighed. "I mean it. My mind is over the place today, that's all."

"Did something happen?" Mikasa asked. I knew she wasn't buying my excuse which didn't bother me. She liked Eren after all, maybe she could help me figure out what the fuck is wrong with me.

I tensed up. Shit. I shook my head. "Nothing happened." I stood up before she could say anything else. "Sorry, but I really have to, uh, take a piss, so if you don't mind.." I walked quickly to the cafeteria doors and felt a weight lifted off my shoulders.

I sighed and walked slowly to the restrooms. I felt a hand grip my wrist. I turned around about to punch the person, but stopped at the last second when I saw Mikasa. "Don't do that," I warned her, sighing with relief.

"Sorry." She let go off my wrist and looked me dead in the eyes. "Tell me what happened."

I debated it for a moment. I eventually gave in and sighed. I moved my head to the sides and saw a few people walking by, "We can't talk here," I whispered turning to face her.

She nodded. "Follow me."

I did so in complete silence. The silence was a little bit awkward, but I decided not to break it. Not now at least. She led me out of the school into the back where nobody was.

"I've never been here before," I called out to Mikasa when we stopped walking. I leaned against the wall while she was standing straight and tall in front of me.

The struggle of being short...

"Yeah. What happened?"

"Before I tell you," I started to ask, "do you actually care?" Her eyes widened. "Or is this all for Eren? Because if it is, I won't tell any of you."

She sighed. "Eren did want to know, but I'm also curious myself, seriously. You've never been this distant before."

I sighed too. "I rather only you know it. Not Armin, not Eren."

She nodded. "So what happened?"

"In the morning when it was raining, I was walking to school. My umbrella was broken then Levi showed up with his. We walked and talked, bla, bla, bla." I paused. "And then..."

Mikasa tried not to show interest in her face, but I knew she wanted to know what happened. "And then he backed me into the wall and tried to kiss me..."

Mikasa was thrown off by the sentence, but she went back to normal not long after. "And did you let him?"

"I guess? I mean, he was about to when thunder went off, I jumped, our foreheads bumped slightly and then we walked to school without saying a word to each other."

She nodded. "Who was the one who ran off?"

"Me."

She sighed and stayed quiet for a minute. "You like him don't you?"

"I don't like Levi," I hissed. "I still want to beat him up, but for some reason I didn't move when he tried to kiss me.."

She blinked. "Then....You like him."

I groaned. "I don't want these feelings, Mikasa." I grabbed her shoulders and shook them slightly. "What the fuck is wrong with me? Why am I feeling this way about Levi?"

She laughed a little bit. "I'm not sure. Look, if you still feel like this on Monday, tell me."

I nodded. I heard something to my right from where we came from and moved my head to the side. "Is everything alright?" Mikasa asked.

"Yeah...Let's go back." We walked back from where we came from and I looked around. No one was there.

Hopefully.

***

I walked into Hanji's class nervously. This was the only class I had with Levi. With the way things turned out in the morning, I don't know what it will be like now.

As I was walking to my seat while biting my lip, I felt a pair of eyes on me. They were Levi's. I tried not to make eye contact with him and looked around the room. This made it obvious I was avoiding his gaze and I cursed under my breath.

I sat down in my chair a little farther to the left. I tensed up when I still felt his gaze on me. Finally, he moved his gaze and I relaxed. I slumped down in my chair and I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment.

"Today is a gloomy day, isn't it?" Ms. Hanji asked us with a cheery voice.

"No kidding," I mumbled under my breath.

"Even though it's gloomy, that doesn't mean our class has to be gloomy!" There was no response. Her face lost its smile. "You guys are boring."

Some of the class laughed. "That's the spirit!" I saw her gaze land on me then her eyes moved next to me. I knew she was looking at Levi. We both were kind of keeping our distance.

She cleared her throat. "Well, how about we liven things up in here?" she offered, moving her gaze away from Levi and looking at the class.

I knew where this was going.

I knew exactly where this was going.

And I didn't like it.

I groaned quietly and placed my head down on the desk. What could she possibly do to liven things up in an English/Reading class? Yes, Hanji was a fun person to be around. But what could she do to "Liven" things up? The tension between me and Levi wasn't going to go away.

"You are all going to be in partners for this," she stated. I heard Levi groan and say 'Oh joy' under his breath.

"I will pair you up then tell you where to go and what to do." She had a grin on her face as she was calling out the names.

"Jean and Annie. Sasha and Connie. Iris and Levi." She called out the rest of the names but I didn't listen because I was too busy hitting my head against the fucking desk. Hanji is going to kill one of us. Probably me. I hope she's alright with that.

After she called out the names, she handed two pieces of notebook paper to each group of people. "You and your partner will write a complete story in seven minutes. It has to be at least a page and a half. If it isn't half, a couple of complete sentences must go on the second page."

"What's the point of this?" I asked, annoyance in my voice. Hanji knew damn well what she was doing and I didn't like it one bit.

Not at all.

She grinned at me, occasionally glancing at Levi when she spoke. "To liven things up."