Chapter 12

Friday came quickly and I was glad. I was going to beat Levi's somewhat attractive face senselessly to the ground. Even if that meant getting hurt after I recovered, I didn't care.

Even after my talk with Hanji, she didn't listen. She kept making me and Levi be partners which pissed him off. He thought I told Hanji we worked well together and I assured him that I never wanted to be his partner.

Hanji wouldn't stop. She didn't care how mad we were at her, she just wanted us to 'Quit being stubborn and open up our eyes' which was not going to happen, no matter how many times she wished for it at 11:11.

I got up excited. I couldn't wait after school. I was going to piss Levi off so much today during class. Then he was going to get beat.

Who wouldn't be excited?

I grabbed a pair of dark blue jeans, a black hoodie and boots. It would be better if I wore boots because it would hurt more if I kicked him in the groin. I put my hair in a ponytail and went downstairs.

"Someones in a good mood," my mom sang, looking at a magazine. Probably about cooking or furniture.

"Yup. Today is going to be interesting," I told her while grabbing an apple and washing it.

"How come?"

I took a bite out of it. "You'll find out later." I walked to the door with the straps of my backpack over both my shoulders. I put my hand on the doorknob and said, "I like it here."

***

"Hey, Iris!" Eren exclaimed with a smile waving at me. He walked towards me.

"Hey. I've never seen you out here in the mornings." I took another bite out of my apple. I just arrived at school and had about five minutes till the first class.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, I got here earlier than expected."

"Okay, I have to tell you something," I said to him. He moved his hand and looked me in the eye. "If you see me getting beat up, don't help."

"Iris-"

"I'm serious. Don't get Mikasa to help either. It's my fight and I don't want anyone else to be involved." I put my hand on his shoulder. "Do you understand?"

He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "Who are you fighting? Why?"

"Levi. And because I want him to feel the same pain I did, only worse."

His eyes opened wide. "What?! Iris! You can't fight Levi! Don't you remember what he did to you?" He seemed like he was hurt by my words. "If you fight Levi you'll-"

He stopped talking. I knew then Levi was either behind me or he heard us. Judging where Eren's eyes were he was close. I turned around and saw him a few feet away from me with his arms crossed and an evil smirk on his face.

"Are you supposed to scare me?" he mocked.

I walked up to him a patted him on the back. "Nope. Have a nice first class ass-face."

***

"Iris! You can't do that!" Armin scolded me. I groaned in annoyance. I picked up a fry and ate it. "Levi will hurt you again!"

"No shit. But if it means I can hurt him too, then it's worth it."

"I can help you," Mikasa offered. "I want to hurt Levi too. We could tag team him or something."

I laughed then sighed. "As much as I would love that, I need to fight ass-face on my own. You guys are welcome to watch though."

"I think I'll pass," Eren mumbled sadly. Armin said the same thing.