/7 - Regrets/

"There's always that one stupid mistake that changes everything..."

"Promise, you okay, baby?" Delvon asked as she walked in the house.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she lied. Delvon knew something was bothering her.

"You wanna talk about it, love?"

"No, not really," Promise replied as she sat in Delvon's lap and held him close to her. Delvon began to plant kisses all over her cheek and then went down to her neck. Promise couldn't tell him that she was locking lips with her best friend at his house. She knew in Delvon's arms was where she belonged. Promise tried her absolute best to focus her attention on Delvon and keep her mind off of Bryshaun. She knew she needed to talk to someone about the whole issue and she knew exactly who she could turn to at a time like this...

~•~•~

"So what's it like in Wichita?"

"It's pretty cool, but I see it's nothing compared to here. I don't think I even wanna go back!"

Ever since Santea had been in Los Angeles, she and LaReina had become awfully close with each other.

"What do the guys look like out there?"

"Majority of them are ugly as fuck! Delvon is one of those hard to find, fine ass niggas! And I don't see how or why he ended up with Promise's ass," Santea rolled her eyes. LaReina laughed.

"No, I'm serious! I mean between me and you, I wanted him so bad, I been feelin' him since I first laid eyes on his ass, but I guess he had his eyes on Promise so he chose her. But when she left Wichita to come back here, I invited him to my house later that day and told him how I been feeling about him."

"No shit? Then what happened?"

"I gave him some of that good ass head! And you know something girl, he told me I do it way better than her! He regrets choosing her over me."

As Tea and LaReina talked about Delvon and Promise, Shanika stood outside of the guest room, listening to the whole conversation.

"You know, I feel like ever since yo cousin came back here, Bryshaun has been spending too much of his time with her," said LaReina.

"What, you think they might be fuckin' or somethin'?"

"I don't know, I can't say. To be honest, I'm just with the nigga because he got money."

"I feel you girl, gotta get it anyway you can!"

"Don't get me wrong, I mean I love the nigga, but I ain't in love wit his ass. Besides, I'm waiting for him to slip up so I can have an excuse to leave him and go back to Darius."

"Yeah Darius is fine, he look better than Bryshaun to be real wit'chu, but maybe that's because I love me some caramel and chocolate niggas, I don't like 'em that light."

"Girl, yes! The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice!"

"So why did you and Darius stop talkin'?"

"Bryshaun came in the picture. And I heard Darius was talkin' to some other bitch. But Bryshaun be slangin' so that's how I be gettin' my money! Promise better have fun while she can because at the end of the day he still comin' home to me."

"I thought you said you didn't want him."

"That don't mean I want another bitch to have him."

"You sho right!"

Shanika couldn't believe what she heard! She hated that her own sister would treat her own blood cousin like shit and then befriended a bitch just as triflin' as she was! Shanika then realized that Delvon was no good for Promise and that she and Bryshaun needed to be together! And she needed to get the word out to them about their other halves, and fast!

~•~•~

So basically your guilt kicked in and you left Bryshaun's house before it got too carried away."

"Yup that's it!"

Promise was at Dana's house, informing her on the events that happened the day before.

"You know Bryshaun called me, looking for you because you're not picking up the phone. He told me he needs to talk to but he didn't tell me why but now I see."

"Dana, I just need to keep my distance from Bryshaun. I'm happily taken and I'm supposed to be getting married to this nigga once we finish school. If I keep messin' wit Bryshaun, I know I'm gonna regret it after a while."

"P, you're torn between two people. I know you are. Even though you're dedicated to Delvon, I know deep down you love Bryshaun. You even said so yourself that you told him you loved him."

"I know. D, I just don't know what to do!"

"But wait, you said you wanna keep your distance from him, right?"

"I have no choice."

"Well you picked a bad time to come by because Bryshaun is supposed to be coming through, later. And if he sees you, he's gonna make you sit down and talk to him."

"Fuck. When is he gone be here so I can know when to leave?"

The two then heard a knock on the door.

"Shit, is that him?!"

"Probably. I'll go check."

As Dana walked out of her room, Promise ran into the bathroom and locked the door. Dana looked out of the window to see Bryshaun standing in front of the door.

"Bryshaun, what's up buddy?" Dana greeted as she opened the door.

"Hey D, have you talked to Promise yet?" Bryshaun replied as he walked in the house.

"I have, so what's been goin' on wit y'all two?" The two walked into her room.

"Dana, i just don't feel as if Delvon is that right nigga for her."

"Why you say that?"

"Because man, when her cousin Tea was sittin' up there flirtin' wit him, it ain't like the nigga stopped her. Who knows what that mafucka might have been doin' while Promise was down here."

"Yeah I see where you comin' from."

"I feel like if I don't put an end to the bullshit, I'm gone regret it in the end."

"Yeah but don't get yourself caught up in any drama."

"Oh and dig this: I ran into Shanika today."

"What happened wit y'all two?"

"Remember when you told me you saw LaReina blowin' kisses at Darius?"

"Yeah."

"Well Shanika told me that she overheard LaReina and Tea talkin' and said that LaReina told her that she was only with me for my money."

"And you don't seem upset about any of it."

"Man on the real, ever since Promise came back, she been on my mind like crazy. I mean yeah I love Reina, but shit I'll leave that bitch in a heartbeat just to be with my baby, man."

"And I told Promise I know she loves you, she's just torn between two people."

"Have you seen her by the way? Shanika said she needed to holla at her about Delvon but ain't been able to reach her."

"She wasn't around her yesterday?"

"She ain't seen her all day. She said Promise had been out wit Delvon all day yesterday."

"Well when I talk to Promise, I'll let her know what's up."

I'm at the ER right now (I was spitting up blood yesterday so I'm just making sure I'm not going thru nothing life threatening) so I don't have much to say. But read, vote, comment and check out South Central L.A updates every Sunday night ! I'll see y'all next Wednesday!!

P Nut Has Spoken