/16 - Auntie Veronica/

"Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend..."

"Promise baby, Shanika honey, we got a special visitor here to see you guys," said Yvonne.

"Who?" the girls wondered as they walked in with Dana, Brandyce, Marquez and Bryshaun following them.

They then see a woman happily step out of the kitchen with her arms out.

"HI AUNTIE V (MOMMY, HI!!)"

The two girls happily went over to Veronica and gave her the biggest hug.

"Hey how are my girls doing?"

"We're good, what brings you down here, mommy?" Shanika asked.

"And when did you get here?" Promise added.

"I've been here for a few hours now. And I wanted to give everyone a surprise visit."

"Omg, Nika, we have to show auntie around a little bit ... well that's if mama and daddy ain't showed you around, yet."

"I've seen quite a bit, but I don't mind doin' some extra sightseeing. It's beautiful out here."

"Oh, auntie, I want you to meet some people," Promise grabbed Veronica's hand and walked over to her crew.

"V, these are my best friends Dana and Brandyce, my homeboy Marquez and this is my new man Bryshaun," she said as Bryshaun grabbed her hand and she smiled at him, "y'all this is my cousin Veronica but I call her my auntie."

"Oh it's so wonderful to finally meet you guys," Veronica hugged the four, "I remember Promise used to talk about y'all all the time when she was a little girl."

"Man I would never shut up about y'all," Promise giggles, "I'm sure I got on everyone's nerves talkin' about y'all."

"No, me and mama loved hearing your stories, they were entertaining," Shanika replied.

"Well it's nice to finally meet you, Ms. Veronica," said Dana.

"Yes, you are very gorgeous, just like Mama Vonne," said Brandyce.

Veronica and Yvonne blushed, "oh stop," Veronica hugged Brandyce again.

"Y'all are beautiful, as well. Every last one of y'all. And Bryshaun, you and Marquez are some handsome young men!"

"Oh lord, don't get them started," Promise joked.

"Thank you, Ms. V," he and Marquez smiled.

"You continue to take good care of Promise. I know you two will be alright, I never did like that no good Delvon boy she was dating."

"Ugh, don't remind me of that boy," Promise rolled her eyes.

"How did you feel when you found out he slept with your daughter?" Dana asked.

"Oh when they came back to Kansas, I beat his ass with my broomstick and chased him out the house."

Everyone bust out laughing.

"Aye I like yo ainnie, she a G," Marquez said.

"Wait til you get to know her, you'll love her!"

"I heard you kicked Tea out the house," Promise said.

"You damn right I put her fast ass out of my house, out there tryna be grown, sleepin' wit all these boys that don't mean a damn thang to her, and it made no sense how she was so hateful towards you and Shanika growing up."

"Right? But it is what it is, I guess."

"Hey, I'm hungry, auntie V, we should take you out to Mercado, they got some good Mexican food there," said Promise.

"Well baby, I was thinkin' we should all go out for soul food, my treat," Marcus said.

"That's even better!"

"Bryshaun, you and the girls are more than welcome to join us."

"I'm down," Bryshaun agreed.

"Yesss, I've been craving some good ol' catfish," Dana said.

"Craving catfish, huh?" Promise joked

"Girl bye!!"

"I'm just playin'."

"So are we eating at Carolyn's or Comfort?"

"Nah, we had Carolyn's a few days ago," Brandyce mentioned.

"Yeah and last time I had Comfort, I got sick," Promise said.

"I was thinking we can check out that new joint they got, Sons of Soul," Dashawn said.

"That sounds like a good idea!" Yvonne said and everyone agreed.

"Well, Sons of Soul it is!" Marcus smiled.

"Alright let's head out, I'm starvin' like Marvin!"

~•~•~

"My goodness, it is so wonderful out here! Now I see why Promise wanted to go back!" Veronica said to Yvonne.

Yvonne chuckled, "yes, she's so happy to be back home, it's almost as if she never left. Marcus and I were happy to be back, honestly."

"Yes, Wichita is nothing compared to here."

"But I will say, Wichita is way cheaper than LA."

"Yess! I noticed almost everything here costs a fortune!"

"Girl yes! But with the right job, you'll be fine. So how have you been holding up since your split with Carlos?"

Veronica sighed, "girl I've been tryna hang in there."

Veronica and her boyfriend of four years, Carlos Norwood had split, due to an affair he had with one of her longtime friends, Paula Smith.

"I tried to tell you hun, it was something about that Paula I never liked, she always came off as sneaky and triflin' to me."

"Did you whoop her ass when you caught her with Carlos?" Marcus wondered.

"One hit and I knocked that tramp smooth out!"

"So now what are you going to do?" Yvonne asked.

"Girl, I need to take some time to heal. After four years, I never thought Carlos would do that to me," Veronica replied.

"Forget that bald head bastard. You're a beautiful woman, you can find someone out there that will love you and cherish you."

"You know what, I've saw some good looking men out here in L.A., maybe I need to find me a California man."

"You just gotta find the right one, V. Not all good looking men are the best partners."

"Yeah, you got a point. But I wouldn't mind having me a man with good hair and a nice body to hold on to."

Veronica and Yvonne both laughed. As the two women continued to chat, Veronica decided that she would take some to focus on herself and her kids. She knew that one day she would find true love. But as for that moment, she was going to move on with her life, being a strong and independent mother and woman.

P Nut Has Spoken