/8 - What's Done In The Dark/

"Be careful, what's done in the dark comes to light sooner or later. Better hope what you playin' around with is worth losing what you have..."

"So Shanika, have you talked to Promise, yet?" Bryshaun asked Shanika.

"No, when Delvon came back to the house yesterday, she didn't."

"Did he at least say where she went?"

"He mentioned that she had went to Dana's house. She never came back last night so I'm assuming that she might have stayed the night over there. I need to talk to her, like real shit."

"About what?"

"So not only did I overhear Reina and Tea talking about y'alls relationship, but i heard Tea telling Reina that once Promise left to come back here, she invited Delvon over to our house and let him know how she been feelin' him and didn't know why he chose Promise over her and then she ended up suckin' this nigga's dick!"

Bryshaun became angered by what he was hearing out of Shanika's mouth.

"Naw, man I need to find her and tell her what's goin' on! When I see Delvon, that's his ass!"

~•~•~

"Sis, Bryshaun had been looking for you earlier today," Avonna informed her sister.

"Well I need to keep my distance from him for a minute," Promise responded.

"Why, y'all ain't cool no more?"

"It's a long story, Von."

"I got time," Avonna smiled as she sat down on her sister's bed.

"Since you insist, Little Miss Nosy," Promise joked, "Bryshaun and I have gotten a little closer than we have been."

"Really."

"So Bryshaun is in love with me, and-"

"Whaaaat? After all these years?"

"Yeah, and... I'm in love with him too."
Avonna's eyes lit up, "but hold on, here's the thing. A couple of days ago, we were in his room and we were kissing, but i knew what we were doing was wrong. So i got up and left. I know if i keep being around him, he and i would end up doing something that I may end up regretting later on down the line, so that's why i need to stay away from him. I need to focus all of my time and attention on Delvon."

"Speaking of Delvon, you need to keep him away from Tea."

"Yeah i know, Bryshaun and Nika told me about that little issue, I told her she needed to stay away from him."

"Promise baby, someone is here to see you," Yvonne said as she stuck her head in the doorway.

"Who?"

Promise's heart began racing as Bryshaun stepped in the room.

"Annd I'll leave y'all two alone," Avonna said as she walked out of the room and Bryshaun walked in.

"Promise, what's goin' on? Everybody been lookin' for you, what's up?" he asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"What I also need to know, what's up with us? You been avoiding me these last couple of days, and I understand why, but I ain't wit that shit. We go way back, baby girl, don't do me like that."

"I'm sorry Bryshaun, okay?"

"Don't even trip about it, I just need to holla at you about Delvon and Tea."

"What do you mean?"

'Yo boy, man ... he and Tea sort of been messin' around."

"What'chu mean?"

"The minute you left Wichita to come home, Tea took Delvon to her house and she sucked this nigga off."

Promise scoffed, "You lyin'."

"Why would I lie about this shit, Promise?!"

Promise got up from her bed, "You know what, I can't deal!" she walked out of her room with Bryshaun following her. The two walked out of the house.

"Promise, can't you just hear me out?!"

"Hear you out for what?! Why are you comin' at me with this shit?!"

"Because I don't wanna see you get hurt by this nigga!"

"You know what, you're jealous, that's all it is!"

"What?!"

"It seems like you tryna do anything just to fuck up my relationship!"

"I can't believe you comin' at me like this!"

"You know what, just stay the hell away from me, Bryshaun!"

"Promise-"

Promise went in the house and slammed the door.

"Shit!"

Bryshaun ran his hands down his face and let out a large breath. He walked away from Promise's home and back to his. A few minutes after Bryshaun left, Promise walked back outside to see Shanika walking up.

"Promise, we've been looking for you the last couple days, is everything ok?!"

"It was up until now."

"What happened?"

"Bryshaun and I got into a fight."

"What? Why?"

"He told me some mess about Delvon which I believe is bullshit and-"

Promise then noticed Shanika's facial expression change. Her eyes ballooned.

"So he wasn't lying..."

"Promise, I'm so sorry. I've been trying to find you for the last couple of days to talk to you about this."

"Oh my god, I feel so stupid that I went off on Bryshaun the way he did. He's not gonna wanna talk to me ever again."

"No don't think like that, P."

"Why would Delvon do this to me? I loved him, I trusted him. Is this what I get for kissing Bryshaun?"

"No no, don't blame yourself. Apparently this happened as soon as you left for California."

"Oh so that nigga couldn't wait to just make his move once I left! I expected for that bitch Tea to go behind my back and do something that low but Delvon?! What, was I not good enough for him?! I can't believe him!"

Promise looked up at the sky as tears began to roll down her face. Shanika grabbed her cousin and pulled her into a big hug.

"Nika, what did i do to deserve this?"

"You didn't do anything, honey. I know you were a good woman to him. And you shouldn't feel bad about kissing Bryshaun. You need to find him and talk to him."

"After I went off on him, I can't show my face around him. I don't think he wants to see me anymore after this."

"Just let him cool off, trust me. Just give it some time and I'm sure everything will work out."

"Now that I think about it, where were you when all of this happened?"

"Promise, I swear I never knew he was in our home until I heard Tea and LaReina talking about it."

"When Delvon and Tea get back, I'ma tell let they asses know a thing or two, believe that!" and with that, Promise walked in the house.

So the truth is out now, so what do y'all think is gonna happen next ? Do y'all think Promise and Bryshaun will ever be back on good terms ? Stay tuned and find out ! More to come ! In the meantime, check out my other works, South Central L.A (updates every Sunday night) ! See y'all next Wednesday !!!

P Nut Has Spoken