Chapter Eighteen.

Ivan lay in the small, warm bed holding Laurels naked body against his. He thought she was sleeping but he couldn't be sure.

Her father had gone to work and sometime in the late morning her mother and sister went shopping and to lunch, Laurel and Ivan had stayed home, locked away in her room safe in each other's arms.

At some point in the day it had started to rain, soft little drops that tapped lightly on the window and just barely blocked the sun from shining in.

He had spent the entire day making love to Laurel and napping with her snuggled close. They got up once to have sandwiches but even the task of making lunch proved almost impossible to keep their hands off each other.

It was like something that had been dead a long time was suddenly alive again, he couldn't stop touching her, stop kissing her and she barely kept her hands off of him. Finally, they gave up on eating and retreated back to her bedroom where they had stayed for several hours.

She stirred, blinking up at him for a second before laying her head back down on his chest with a lazy sigh.

"I thought you were asleep," He said.

"I was for awhile."

He pulled her closer to him, dropping a kiss on her forehead and closing his own eyes with a sigh. He could happily spend the rest of his days in that bed.

"Ivan..."

"Hmm?"

"Thank you for...for today,"

He took a deep breath, whatever spell had fallen over them he didn't want to break it but he had so many things he wanted to say.

"Laurel, baby...I still..."

"Still what?" She looked up at him.

"I..."

"Laurel! get your ass down here!" Addison called from the bottom of the steps.

Ivan closed his eyes, reining back in his emotions as Laurel groaned and rolled from the bed. She began pulling on her clothes before turning to him.

"Were you going to say something?" She asked.

"No, it can wait."

She smiled leaning down for a chaste kiss before hurrying from the room.

"Laurel, I still love you." He said to the empty room staring up at the ceiling.

Laurel rushed down the steps landing at the bottom and beaming at Addison as she headed for the kitchen.

"Well?" Addison demanded as she followed.

"Well, what?"

Laurel got a glass from the cabinet and headed towards the fridge.

"Do you want to tell me why you spent the entire day shacked up with your ex-husband? Or is that for a show too?"

Laurel poured herself some orange juice then hopped up to sit on the counter.

"It wasn't a show it was...amazing."

"So are you guys getting back together?" Addison asked excitedly.

"I don't know, we didn't do very much talking."

"Laurel, what happened between you two? You were so happy, you loved being married."