Chapter 4

" Chotte , I'm perfectly fine. Just take care of your health and stop smoking ,it's an unhealthy habit Chotte "

Jahnvi Raizada was talking over the phone to her one and only Son Arnav Singh Raizada.The mother of the ASR and a widow for 20 years to be precise.

She has always been the caring lovely mother who would give sacrifices for her son's s safety and happiness

Arnav means the world to her, she has strived for raising him well but circumstances were stronger than her at some point that she had to witness some changes in her son which she later changed a lot of but couldn't get back the old Arnav in every sense. Jahnvi still blames her self for the way Arnav turned out to be ,so unlike her Chotte..but she has faith in giving him a good upbringing until she is alive ..

" Please Don't panic Maa.. it's no big deal now .. sorry for not calling you yesterday ,beven very busy"

Is this a business deal to tackle for him ?Why he keeps ignoring her advice with his diplomatic answers "No big Deal " ,'been busy ' she understand the nature of his business already..this is one of his so many ways to avoid the "quit smoking " topic. Jahnvi sighed deeply at her helplessness to knock some sense into her son .Arnav sensed her tension but he has no promises to offer regarding that issue ..how many times and ways his mother tried but they cut no ice with him ?

" you once told me and I can hear it reverberating in my head ..you told me every individual is flawed and somethings can't be changed easily .. ' taking a troubled breath ,a jumble of thoughts crossed the axis of his mind giving him a weird set of undefined feelings that struck inside momentarily

" I'll keep trying ..every possible way Chotte "

Arnav released a chuckle ,he knows she is not going to give up easily

" not fun Chotte " She faked a serious angry tone

" sorry I ..I just want to say that I'm missing you so much Maa, wish you could have made it for here "

" No Chotte you know how busy I'm in the orphanage, I should utilise my time for the kids and you are no more a kid .my son can manage alone haina Chotte? "

"Really ?is it so ? Then stop calling me Chotte it's embarrassing for your grown up son " and heartfelt laughs unleashed from both ends

" okay I have to keep the call Chotte.. kids must be waiting for me ,call me when you get time "

" Sure ,take care Maa "

Arnav stood up after being stuck on chair for some minutes talking to his mother ,his day went brighter with rays of contentment .hearing his mother's voice always held that magic to bring a smile on his face ,she has always been his support through every phase of life

He stood by the glassy window in his cabin looking down at the crowded streets with people and cars , traffic sucks today.

A knock on the door broke his stance

" Come in "

Alice made her entry inside ,the moment Arnav saw her his grip on the mug of coffee tightened.. what does she want now ? If it's yet another silly mistake he won't let her go unpunished this time!

" There are some files your signatures is needed on them , Boss "

Alice halted her move as Arnav didn't allow her to hand the documents yet