Chapter 15

Khushi stood in front of the mirror and stared at her frenzied reflection,unable to control the gush of blood in her body before  the color of her cheeks intensified with a shade of red.She palmed her blushing  areas and rested her hand against her neck,exactly where Arnav paved the way for those unsteady feelings she was going through.Closing her eyes,she re-lived the moments in her mind feeling the need of giving him a chance with her everything.

They are getting into each other.Deeply.

She thought as she slid down his shirt so it reached the middle of her thighs,loosely covering what his hands roamed over freely minutes back.She gazed at how weird her fluffy pants looked with the large top and couldn't help but giggle,in no time she was out of them and adorned with his piece only.His scent drugged her nerves,nothing felt more intimate to her than wearing his clothes.It was a couple thing as far as she remembered from the cheesy talks she used to coincidently hear in college,given that Arnav was the one to explain his desire of wanting to see her in it,have they really become a couple in that business mind of him?

Taking a deep breath,she let her eyes explore the place where he stayed.She didn't get a chance to admire  the well-constructed house from outside properly,the lack of artificial light could  hardly be noticed given the full moon shinning and shedding its light inside the room.

As she walked through the lobby,she realized how his choices didn't match her expectation and finally got the conclusion she barely knew him,on the personal front of course.Suddenly she felt selfish for the extreme effort he put to make their relationship work,unlike her who kept cringing all the time and showing her insecurities which stem from the past's harsh tragedies.

The past's harsh tragedies.

Even when he got mad at her,there could never be one thing which might dull the warmth in his eyes and his touch,something from the very start she sensed in him,but again her demons got the upper hand and forced her to run away then.

she walked down the stairs,the modern interiors were pleasant to eyes yet she loved the classy touches more.Almost wherever she looked,A masterpiece was spotted,some looked so lively but others were sad nonetheless, that showed his love for paintings.Reaching down,her eyes looked for Arnav across the living room,but there was no sign of him or maids,she finally tumbled on the couch,drowning in what she thought a relief but it dissolved to worry before she could taste its fruits.She tiredly sighed while fiddling with a distant memory,with every passing moment it was getting closer until it freshly flashed before her,taking whatever little peace she had found in the air.

Flashback

She gazed at him,horrified by the darkness in his eyes and the liqueur in his breath as he roughly drew her little skinny figure by the shoulders.

"Khushi Gupta,you have no choice out of my orders so do as I say."he slurred 

Khushi  became angry  and used every ounce of strength and self-respect left in her to push him away,her eyes throwing daggers at him,her innocence and timidity waning 

"How dare you?how dare you offer me a job like this?I'll never do what you say and if you try to force it on me,I'll call the cops and drag you to court"