Chapter 1: Annoyance

I growled under my breath slightly as the show I was watching about an old Western was changed to the news. I gave an annoyed glance at Edward as he set the remote back down, where I couldn't reach of course.

He clicked his tongue. "You should be watching something resourceful. Not a murdering show," Edward states shaking his head.

Jasper, who was sitting a few feet away from me on the couch, looked up from his book at Edward. A flash of annoyance went through his eyes before he shook his head slightly and went back to his book.

I shook my head. "It's was a old Western," I exasperate, "not blood, guts, and ripping apart like Transformers!"

Which I should point out, he hasn't even let me watch. I was able to watch the first one at my house thanks to Emmett. But when Edward found out, lets just say, Emmett couldn't come near me for a week.

"Still, Bella. Watch." With that, he turns and heads somewhere in the house. He doesn't even stay and watch!

I growl under my breath again and slouch against the couch, crossing my arms. I glare at the TV.

"Woah! Who put blood in your cereal?" Emmett asks with a laugh. I glare at him.

"Let's just say, I'm glad no one can read my mind. And you're lucky I'm not a vampire because just for laughing, I would rip a limb off," I retort.

Emmett tsks in and Edward like manner. "Language Bella, language," he says trying to mock Edwards voice, but ends up doing it horribly.

"Whatever," I mutter.

Emmett plops down on the couch and wraps his arms around my shoulders, sending me a grin. I roll my eyes. We both watch the TV with boredom while Jasper still reads his book, not having looked up once through our conversation.

Rosalie came down after awhile and glanced at us. Emmett pulled his arm from me and stood, sending me a sarcastic grin.

"Well, as I much as I would just love to watch TV with you boring people," he says sarcastically, "me and Rose are going to hunt. So adios, and see ya never."

He grinned again and Rose and him were gone in a flash. I sighed in annoyance and boredom. My last chance to not end the night in boredom, was gone. I left my phone at home, ironically, so I couldn't text any of my friends. Alice was nowhere to be seen.

I glanced over at Jasper. "Whatcha readin?" I ask, curiosity and boredom getting the better of me. He looks up at me, surprise flashes through his features.

Truth be told, it was most defiantly a surprise. Me and Jasper never talked. He seemed to keep distance, or Alice always had his attention whether he wanted it or not.

"Divergent," he says slowly. My mouth presses into a thin line for about five seconds before I can't hold it anymore and burst out laughing. Jasper gives me a weird look like, 'are you insane?', making me laugh harder.

Finally, he smiles and chuckles slightly. "What?" he asks when I calm down.

I raise and eyebrow. "Your reading a book, read by millions. Which that is soon going to be turned to a movie."

"Ah," he says. I cross my legs under myself and turn to him.

"Have you read The Fault In Our Stars?"

"No."

I gaped at him. "Read it! I bet ten bucks that'll make you cry. Well, the best vampires cry," I say.

Jasper nods slowly and we just stare at each other. It kinda weird. I've never spent much time paying, or talking to Jasper. I think the closest we got to a conversation was back in the hotel when James was after me.

I glanced down at my wrist where the scars still showed, bright as day. I tilted my head to the side as I glanced back at Jasper. I wonder how well he could keep a secret.

Edward entered the room and my gaze snapped to him. Jasper pulled his gaze from me and went back to reading Divergent. I still couldn't believe it. I somehow took notice of how he always read westerns. I even remember when he told me his past, thou Edward has I no idea I know. Evil laugh.

"Come on Bella, time to go." I nodded and scowled at the ground.

"I can drive myself," I say.

"I know, can't I drive you?" I pressed my lips together and saw Jasper send me another strange look.

"No," Edward looked shocked, "but fine." I nodded stiffly and stood.

Jasper was still watching me, I sent him a nod and made a beeline for the door. Wanting to get the drive over with.

***

I slammed the door to my truck and gave Edward a hug. He kissed my hair and said, "I'll be back later." He was gone.

"Probably not," I mutter as I head inside, locking the door behind me.

The house was silent as I walked up the stairs and to my room. Charlie was working the late shifts so he wouldn't be back until later.

I threw my keys on the dresser before making sure the window was shut and locked. I nodded in satisfaction before heading down to the kitchen to make dinner.