C H A P T E R 6

~Naruto’s POV~

    I walk back into the house carefully.  I know I’m in deep shit with Sasuke after teasing him so much.  But instead of finding him right outside the doorway, (I have before) I see him on the living room couch with a cold, dark aura around him.  I have lived with Sasuke for years now and I know what this means.

    He’s pissed- no…  Furious at someone (hopefully not me) and he is plotting.

    I cautiously edge to couch and sit on it.  “Sasuke? Are you- are you okay?” I say edging closer to him.  He turns to look at me, and his eyes have this glint to it. It was almost scary.  “Naruto…” He says softly, his tone sharp but yet gentle. I move closer and push some strands of hair out of his face.  His stone face melts a bit.

    He pulls me in and hugs me, burying his face in my hair.  I wrap my arms around him slowly, confused. So, he wasn’t mad at me?  And why is his hugging me, not that I mind… He mumbles something I can’t hear.  “What did you say, teme?” I ask softly and wait. “I will kill her, I will kill Sakura…”  He says faintly, tightening his hold on me. I freeze as he pulls away with the glint in his eyes.

    I tilt my head, and he silently shows me his phone.  I grab it and read over the conservation. Tears form in my eyes but I try to blink them away.  Sakura, she still wants Sasuke… And will do anything to get to him… A few tears slip from my eyes and Sasuke quickly wipes them away with a few kisses, which makes more slip out.  I set his phone down and he pulls me to himself again, pulling us down so we are laying on couch.

    “I will never let her touch you, my light, not over my dead body.”  He says, his tone soft and low. We just lay there, me silently crying and Sasuke running his hand through my hair with an occasional kiss.  I fall into a restless sleep after a while. But wake up in our bed under the covers. I rub my eyes while I sit up, and I glance at the clock.  Two hours until Athena gets home, I sigh at the thought.

    I love my children dearly its just I really don’t want to have a breakdown in front of them.  Or a panic attack, that’s worse. I don’t know how much longer I can last. Sasuke will not always be there to cuddle and kiss my worries away.  But, what is Sakura planning? If she goes to the school, I’ll-

    My thoughts get interrupted when Sasuke pulls me down, so I’m laying on the bed.  He must have got here while I was thinking. I turn my face to his and give him a smile.  He pressed two fingers to the space right between my eyes. He does that and I really don’t know why…  I snuggle up close to him and close my eyes again, just breathing in his scent.

    “Hey, you wanna watch Men In Black?”  He asks, and I break into a grin.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry it's short and a little sad but it gets better!!
. . .