Chapter 17

Hunter's POV:
We arrived at the cafe again at precisely 5:30. We went and saw that little... I mean Sam already sitting. We took our seats and waited. All three of our phones beeped breaking the silence.

Emma had put all four of us in a group chat which I frowned at. I looked at my phone and read the text she sent. She said she was going to be late.

I looked over at Paris who looked up at me once she finsished. 'Well I guess we just wait'. She mindlinked me. I sighed and ordered a beer for me and wine for Paris while we were waiting. I had ignored the dog across from us since we arrived.

Until Paris broke the silence. "As I assume you've read the message Emma will be late. I hope when she arrives we can all talk like the civilised people we are and not jump over tables to punch the other."

Sam let out a harsh laugh. "Why do you say this to me. Last time we talked it was your so called wife that threw the first punch." "I don't recall aiming that towards only you. It was meant for both of you." Paris said glaring at Sam and then at me. I sighed. "Fine I suppose I could hold back for Emma." I said slouching and chugging my beer.

I was about to order another when Paris stopped me. "We don't need you drunk when Emma comes." I laughed. "You know i could have dozens of these without getting drunk. My metabolism is too fast." I say ordering another. Sam does as well.

The next day

Emma's POV:
I wake up to crying and immediately jump out of... the floor? I suddenly remembered last night. I didn't want the babies to fall so I moved the matress on the floor so they wouldn't fall off. There was no more room on the matress so I just laid a blanket next to it and slept there.

I looked over to Skylar who was still sleeping. I had to wake up almost 5 times last night. But seeing as the sun was rising in my window decided it would be best if I woke up. I picked up the baby that was crying and rocked it in my arms. After a couple of minutes it's eyes closed again.

Speaking of the babies I still didn't know their names because of all the chaos yesterday I hadn't gotten a chance to look at their file. I do know their genders due to all the diapers they went through last night. One of them was a boy and two were girls.

Sitting up I pulled the file from the baby bag Penelope kindly gave to me. I looked in it and looked over their files. The girls names were Kennedy and Kimberly while the boy was named Kamden. They were 7 months and were rescued from an abusive father when they were 5 months.

I felt sad as I kept reading. Eventually I looked over at the clock to see it was 8:30am. I texted everyone to meet back at noon. I suddenly remembered a new problem I hadn't think of. How was I going to carry all the kids to the cafe. The only reason I got us all inside the hotel room was because the bell hop felt bad seeing me trying to get out of the cab last night.

But I can't keep asking people to carry my babies. I thought for a moment before coming with an idea. I called Penelope and asked her if she could come over to watch the kids while I went to buy some stuff.

Eventually she arrived and I was able leave. As I was walking I stumbled upon a children's store a couple blocks down. As I entered I could already tell everything was going to be expensive as heck.

I finally exited the store after soending the rest of money I had. I had hotten more basic essentials and a stroller. One thoses fancy four seater ones. I went back to the hotel and realise this was the last night I could stay here. I didn't have anymore money and felt bad for not paying Penelope. She shrugged it off and told me I didn't need to.

I still felt really bad. But at least I solved one of the many problems I had. Penelope told me she had feed and changed them before she left. I looked at the clock to see it was 11:30. I quickly put all three kids in the stroller and looked over to Skylar.