Chase Hilt (GMM)

Thank you cranksclosed for the request! I hope you like it!

~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~

"_____ ______ to aisle 5, please. Would ____ ______ report to aisle 5, please. Thank you."

The intercom is so loud, yet not loud enough at the same time. You barely even registered that you're the one being called, let alone where they need you to go, but you go towards the general area.

You've been working at this grocery store for almost a year and by now you've gotten very familiar with all the things that need fixed. Be it an issue with maintenance or with staff, everything is getting on your nerves these days. Someday soon, you're going to start applying for another job elsewhere.

Once you reach aisle 5, you realize why it is they need you. Two other staff members are already trying to help a young man you seem to recognize as a frequent shopper. Cans of various fruits and vegetables are scattered and rolling across the floor, along with several bags of Easter grass and balloons.

Easter Fools maybe?

You quickly go to help pick up the cans and bags, noticing as you get closer that he's also dropped several cartons of eggs. You sigh, knowing the only reason they called you is...

"Ah, _____, thank god. We need you to work your magic. We'll stay here while you go get the supplies. And hurry it up, will you? We haven't got all day." Your supervisor quickly shoos you away before going back to picking up.

"Yes ma'am."

You head to the supply closet and grab the broom and dustpan, along with the mop and bucket. You take your time filling the bucket and grabbing the Wet Floor sign, if only to irritate your overbearing supervisor.

By the time you get back, she's visibly annoyed. "It's about time. Now get to work, I have rounds to make."

"Yes, ma'am."

You wait until she's left the aisle before sighing tiredly and getting to work. You softly mumble to yourself as you focus on your task. "What else is new? 'Hurry up, _____. You can't seem to do anything, _____. Thanks for nothing, you worthless employee.' I should have quit months ago."

You look up, suddenly sensing that someone else is there, and see the man from before, only this time, he's wisened up and is pushing a cart. You're instantly embarrassed, knowing he's heard at least half of your complaining.

"Oh...uh...hi...sorry...you had to hear that..." You feel your face turn a shade of pink.

He gives you a small sympathetic smile. "It's alright...I know how it can be having to deal with rude people." He changes the sympathetic smile to a wide, disarming one. "Your secret is safe with me."

You can't help but smile back. "Thank you..." You realize now that his cart has several more strange things in it than he had been carrying before, and decide to ask about it. "So...an...Easter Fools prank? Or..?"

He looks down at his cart and grins. "Oh, these? No, not really. I work over at Mythical Entertainment and my coworkers and I are trying to come up with some games to play with our bosses. So I got sent on a supply run."

"I...take it these games are going to get messy?" You take in all the egg cartons, syrup, pickles and sodas in his cart, wondering what on earth you could play with all of those.

His grin gets wider, if that's possible, and he nods. "Oh yeah. Really messy. Actually...if you want...you know where Mythical Entertainment is, right?"