Terrorizer

"Bet you won't do it." Your best friend nudges you, handing you the fanfiction she printed out. The one you wrote and sent to her. For her eyes only.

"Are you crazy?!" Your eyes go wide as you see the printed words. The ones that give so much embarrassing insight into your imagination.

"No, just bored." She grins, nudging you forward as the line gets shorter. "Just do it. I want to see what he does."

You shove the papers back into her hands. "No way! You do it if you wanna see so bad!"

She rolls her eyes, pushing you forward again. "Oh, come on, don't be such a baby. It's not my story, it's yours. You wrote it. Besides, what's the worst that could happen?"

"He could read it!!" You panic, realizing how close you are to the front of the line. "Mel, he has a girlfriend!! And besides, this is the most embarrassing way to do something like this! I mean. At VidCon? Really!?"

She just sighs and pushes you forward again. "I'm sure tons of people have done this before. He meets hundreds of people at these things, he won't remember one little person who gave him another of many many fanfics. And I'm sure you won't be the last to do this either."

You continue to try to hide the papers, which are now a bit crumpled, in your bag. Mel quickly and calmly grabs the papers from you, smoothing them out as best she can.

"Look." She sighs, irritated. "Your writing is really good. He deserves to know that good writers love him and what he does. That he gives them inspiration. That's got to mean at least something to him."

You stare at the pages and the words printed on them. You weigh the pros and cons of giving him the story. The biggest con is definitely that it's super embarrassing. Second biggest is that he might hate it. And hate you for writing it.

But...he does deserve to know how much people love who he is and what he does. And that it moves people to create things.

Although...is this the kind of thing he'd be proud of inspiring?

"Next, please."

Mel pushes you gently forward, setting the papers in your hands and turning you to talk to Brian.

He smiles widely at you. "Hi there! How're you doin today? Havin fun?"

His accent is enough to bring you back to the real world and out of your thoughts. You smile back. "Hi, yeah, I'm having a blast! I'm so glad I get to see everybody today all in one place."

"Yeah, it's pretty fun to have everybody here." He starts signing a poster, asking for your name so he can write a personalized message on it.

"I'm _____. _____ ______." You answer, forgetting you have the papers in your hands. That is...until he notices you're holding them pretty tightly.

"That seems pretty important." He gestures to the story and you look down at it, turning a shade of red.

"Oh, uhm...sort of..." you can feel your face start to burn red hot. "It's just something...that I wrote..."

Oh no. Oh no. You admitted to writing it. He's going to want to read it now and he's going to judge you so very harshly.

He sets the marker down, interested. He almost looks...happy. "You write? Do you care if I read it?"

You feel panic rising up inside your chest, threatening to close your throat up forever. Somehow, though, you manage to speak. "I, uhm...you can...if you really want to.." You glance back at Mel, only to find that she's gone. You turn back to Brian, quickly trying to explain. "I wasn't actually planning to bring this. My friend, Mel, she...she brought it without telling me...but...she wants me to give it to you."