Chapter nine

(Warnings mentioned in this chapter: Swear words, melancholic)

"Do you think she will love me again if I become heterosexual?"

Dan stared down onto his phone. From the looks of it, only a slight dent was right at the corner of the phone. But he didn't care.

All he wanted was his mother to make him happy. Happier than she is because he is the son of the Howells. Not just a gloomy bisexual boy who lets his family down.

Heterosexual was the term that was not part of Dan's vocabulary. He was never born hetero and it was never a choice to become bisexual.

All the girls he kissed back in the primary years made his heart flutter. Yet, Jake's were the sweet and sour taste Dan would lay his lips on.

"Dan, she loves you." Phil tried to comfort Dan, only to hear a growl back in response. It was a different reply from each parents. Phil's mum was happy about, why can't Dan's parents do the same?

Conservative, brainwashed human beings.

"If she does, why won't she fucking support me?" Dan asked in confusion. "She never knew her son will turn out to be bisexual. She loves you, but she is afraid of what others may think because you are her blood. Why, she grew up learning homosexuality is a sin and has been sticking with her. It's not her fault."

"Is this why I let the family down? Because of what I am?" Dan spoke in frustration, trying not to cry. He has been crying for a few days and been begging to drown into alcohol without the sight of Phil.

"No. Changing yourself will let me down. I am proud of you." Phil pulled Dan closer to him, causing Dan to lie his head onto his shoulders.

"If nobody is proud of you, then I will be proud of you." "You would do that for me?" Dan asked, now curling a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm bi too, so that makes us equal." Phil rolled his eyes. He ruffled Dan's hair. "Plus, I wouldn't want you to change."

"Please don't change, Phil." Dan closed his eyes, huddling into Phil as he guided Dan to bring him closer. "What do you mean by don't change?" "I don't know, like turning into a jerk or ditch me like everybody else."

"I won't be a jerk to you." Phil laid his head on top of Dan's as silence takes over. He looked down to Dan who has his eyes closed and holding onto Phil like a teddy bear. "You would do that for me?" Dan grinned as moved his head around for comfort.

"Of course, we're both bisexual so that makes us equal." Phil stare down to the calming boy who was once remorse. He tackled Dan down on his bed and cuddled with him. Dan attempted to push away. "Phil you idiot." Dan laughed, revealing his dimples.

Phil stared down to the laughing brunette who was back in his calming position. "You're so cute." Phil pulled Dan closer. Dan hid his face on Phil's shirt. He sniffed and the aroma of raspberries never leave. It was a signature smell and it's always the thought of Phil.

Raspberries. The thought of you because the smell of it lingers.

Phil watched Dan as he ran his fingers down his hair. "I'm not cute." Dan muffled on Phil's shirt. Phil let out a chuckle. "Whatever dork." He watched Dan in his calming position. How gorgeous Dan was in his idle moment.

The way his eyes sparkle and how his dimples show up while he smiles. It was cruel of the world to pull down a beautiful person.

Phil wishes Dan would notice the way Phil did. How Phil took his time to observe Dan's little things. How Dan looked idle when he was thinking about his own paradise. How Dan feels happy when Phil paid attention and accepted him