Asking Gram

Me, Little Alexis, who's is currently 5 years of age, comes running down the stairs, buzzing with energy.

"GRAM!!" I calls out.

"Yes dear? You okay?" Gram asks, walking out from the kitchen.

"I want to ask you something. Something important." I tell her. Gram nods and sits at the counter on a stool. I walk over to her and sit on the stool next to her. "Describe what true love means to you by using your own words. And if you succeed, then you're in love." I explain. Gram starts laughing.

"That's the important question? My seeing if what true love means to me?" I nod, trying to be very serious. "Okay. If it's this important to you. Let me think....." Gram thinks for a few minutes before explaining and answering my question. "Well, true love is a connection that brings two strangers together. It's like a new friendship bond. True love can give you the wonderful feeling of being alive and that you don't want your life to end just yet, that you want to cherish it forever." I was pretty impress with my answer. I smiled.

"That means you're in love, Gram. Who do you love?" I just had to say and asked it.

"Oh that's easy. I love you and your father. Because you're my granddaughter and your father is, of course, my son. So how could I not love you two?" I smiled.

"I love you too, gram." I kissed her cheek.

"Now, why did you ask that question for?" Gram asked.

"Homework. Mrs Glanville told us we had to ask our family members and our friends for their version of true love meanings. And I know exactly who I'm asking. She said we had to ask a few people, but I'm asking more people than that of course."I smiled proudly. I'm the princess of true love. It's so easy to spot.

"Okay, kiddo. Good luck with it." Martha stood up and picked me up. "Go get ready and wash your hands, dinner is nearly done and your father will be home soon from the prescient. You can ask him you--"I stopped her.

"No! Gram, I want to ask him after I've asked more people. So nearer the end of my list. It's pretty long actually. So you can not say anything about my homework. Okay? Please?" I told her, giving her my cute and irresistible puppy dog eyes I have inherited from my father. Gram laughed.

"Okay, my lips are sealed closed. Your secret is safe with me until you have told your father."I smiled and hugged her.

"Thanks!!!" I exclaimed excitedly. "I'll go wash my hands now, be back in a minute or so." And I was off. I came back and me and gram had dinner. Half way through dinner, daddy came home and join us for dinner. It was the perfect family dinner..... All was needed was a mother. Not my real mother. She's too busy with her life to bother with me. Maybe.... just maybe... I'll get a new mommy by the end of my homework.... maybe....

How do you like it so far? Comment below and tell me who I shall I ask next. Vote and share too!! ♥♥