Asking Mom (Meredith)

Rick's pov
"What the hell are you doing here, Meredith" I asked my ex-wife as I opened the door.

"Hey kitten, I'm here because I have got a new job at that theater place." Told Meredith.

"No, why are you here? As in here in my loft?" I asked her.

"To see you and Alexis of course!" She over exaggerated. She looked around the place. "Speaking of Alexis, where is she?"

I sighed. "She's at school. And don't you dare think about going to the school and taking her shopping." I glared at her, throwing daggers at her with my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." She flapped her hands dramatically. She stops walking as she was heading towards the couch, "oh no! I have some errands to do! Bye kitten!" I groan at the pet name as she walked towards the door.

"Stay away from Alexis' school!!"I yelled at her as she walked out the loft, the door slamming behind her.

-•-•-
Alexis's pov

Me and my friend, Paige were colouring in our pictures when the teacher called for me.

"Won't be long, Pa."I told her as I walked up to my art teacher,
Miss Wingerworth.

"Yes, miss?" I asked politely.

"The principal called. He wants you to head to his office immediately. I don't know what for." She told me, shoving me out the room.

"What about my belongings?"I asked, worried about my belongings.

"Oh, you'll be back for them. Now go!" I walked out the room, not before looking at Paige and mouthing "won't be long." I then headed to the principles office.

Did I do something wrong that I don't know about?

Once I arrived, I knocked. I heard a voice "come in!" And so I did. I closed the door behind me.

"Hello principle, why did you want to see me?" I asked.

"He didn't want to see you, I did." My mouth fell open in shock when I saw mommy get up off the chair, that was facing the desk, to stand right in front of me.

"Mommy? What are you doing here?" I was still in absolute shock.

"Your Uncle Bill died today." More shock jumped back in to me. My Uncle Bill? "Yes, I know sweetie, it's a lot to take in."

"Alexis, as this is very personal to you, I have agreed to let you have the rest of the day off. To let you grieve and all. I'm very sorry for you loss."  The principal answered. All I could do is nod.

"Thank you, principal. You don't know how much this means to us."  The principal nodded and mommy waved to him. We exited the office and walked down the hallway.

"Mommy! What is wrong with you?!"I stopped walking as I exclaimed my harsh outburst. "I don't have an Uncle Bill!"

"Well, you don't anymore." Mommy sarcastically answered.

"Daddy won't be pleased with you once he discovers you kidnapped me from school."

"I'm not kidnapping you from school."

"Yes you are. Because I don't want to go. I want to go back to class. To Paige. And the rest of my friends." I argued back.

"You're not going to go back into that principals office and tell him that your mother is a lier?"

"I rather would then let you kidnap me." I was being serious. Well trying to be.

"Alexis Harper Castle! You are coming with me, weather you like it or not!" Mommy grabbed my arm and literally dragged me out the school and to her car. She then drove to the mall.