Asking Alexis

Previously....

"Thank you, Rick." Kate mumbled into his neck.

"What for?" He asked.

"For everything you've done for for. Protecting me, helping me, for being you, for being the greatest partner I've ever got to work with, for making sure I don't overwork myself and for loving me too." Rick smiled big.

"Always." Kate smiled back.

"Always." Rick stood up, Kate following his movements.

"Let's go-" Rick stopped talking once he saw a figure running towards them. "Alexis?!" He yelled shockly. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see if you and Kate declared your love to each other and got together. And you have!" Alexis exclaimed happily and ran to hug the couple. Kate and Rick hugged her back and smiled.

-•-•-•-•-

"Wait, what! We're n-" Daddy exclaimed, I saw the sad expression on Kate's face.

"Daddy!" I exclaimed louder. Daddy stopped talking and looked at me. "Kate!" Kate looked at me too. I stared at them, into their eyes. I saw love. "You both love each other and don't deny it either!" I told them. Daddy's eyes widened in shock but Kate had a smile plastered on her face.

"Wh-what? Ka-" Daddy stopped mid-sentence when he turned to face Kate. She was smiling and had a sparkle in her eyes. I smiled back knowingly. Daddy was just confused.

"Hmmhmm?" Kate answered as she looked up at daddy. Their eyes locked.

"Kate, tell him."I looked towards daddy. "Daddy, tell her." I smiled massively. Both adults turned to me. I got annoyed. "Oh for heavens sake guys! Admit your love for each other! It's so god damm noticeable!" I threw my hands in the air on frustration. Both adults gasped. Gram giggled in the background.

"She's right you know. You're both terrible at hiding your feelings. It's in your eyes when you speak about each other." Gram explained with a smile.

"It is?" Asked daddy.

"And you would think adults are smarter than kids!" I stated sarcastically. Gram and Kate bursted out laughing. I joined in too. Daddy was flabbergasted.

As soon as the laughter died down a bit, I continued, "daddy, do you love, Kate?" Daddy choked, somehow.

"Of course not! I-i- her- me- we..... yes. I love her." He finally gave up. I walked over to Kate.

"Kate, do you love daddy?" I asked.

"What? No! I can't- me- him- we..... yes. I love him." She admitted. I smiled.

"I KNEW IT! LANIE, RYAN AND ESPO OWE ME $50 EACH!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and dancing happily.

"WHAT?!" Kate and Daddy yelled in sync.

I stopped dancing and stared at them, smiling goofly. "Yeah there is a bet for when you will get together."

"And what was the bet exactly about?" Daddy asked the million dollar question.

"Well," I began, as I collected everything that has happened in preparation for this moment. "Lanie, Ryan and Espo voted that you both will come together on your own, but I knew that wouldn't happen because of how long you've been partners for, you both didn't want to destroy the friendship you have made. Which is totally understandable. So I put all my resources together to get you both together, but I needed to get more and so I asked everyone what their opinion was on true love. I think I have helped Espo and Lanie get together too. And Ryan is... well... he's head over heels in love with Jenny. And now I've helped you too." I explained. Daddy embraced me unexpectedly.