Asking Jim & who?

I don't know anything about Baseball, so the information in this chapter will be false. Don't believe any of what's writen here. Thanks and please enjoy.

-•-•-

Me and Kate are going with her father, Jim, to watch the Baseball! I'm so excited. I've never watched Baseball before.

We get some snacks; popcorn, chocolate, sweets and cotton candy. Then we go find our seats. We sit down, we have front row seats so we can see everything. We eat some of the snacks as we wait for the game to start.

"Hello, ladies, gentlemen and children. The game will start in 5 minutes. So let's hear you cheer for your chosen team!" Said a voice over the intercom.

Lots of fans started cheering. But I couldn't understand them. "Kate?" I tapped on Kates arm to get her attention. She looked down at me, smiling.

"Yes, Red?" I smiled at the nickname.

"What is everyone cheering about?" I asked her.

"The teams. It happens at every game." Explained Kate.

"What are the teams called?"

"Yankees and Philippines."Told Jim. "GO YANKEES!" He yelled. I noticed Kate rolling her eyes. I giggled. She then leaned down to me.

"He does this all the time. He's a huge Yankee's fan." I nodded in understanding. We turned to face the game as it began.

Yankees were up to batting. They got a home run. The Yankee fans cheered. The Philippine fans booed. Another batter whet up, he was caught out. Cheers and boos were heard.

"COME ON YANKEES!" Jim yelled at the top of his lungs. "YOU CAN DO IT!" Kate giggled. She turned towards me.

"I'm gonna go get some drinks. Do you what a drink?" I nodded. "What drink do you want, Red?" I thought for a moment.

"Ummm... Water, please, Kate." Kate nodded. She turned to get her father's attention.

"Coffee please, Katie. Thanks!" And Kate disappeared to get the drinks. I took this opportunity to ask my question.

"Mr Beck-" I was cut off.

"Oh, there's no need to be formal, Alexis. Please, call me Jim."I nodded.

"Okay, Jim. Can I ask you a question? It's for my English homework." Jim sighed. And turned to me.

"Yeah sure thing. I can always watch the game on catch up later. Ask away!" Jim says.

"Describe what true love means to you by using your own words. And if you succeed, then you're in love." I told him. His eyes widened in shock.

"This hasn't got anything to do with your dad and Katies feelings towards each other, has it?" I shook my head. "Okay, if you say so. Okay, the question... let's see.... true love means something only someone who has either experience it or has dreamt of it for so long. It's an unforgettable connection two people can have and want to cherish it forever. True love is the special ingredient for a happy life." Wow. Now that was an impressive answer.

"Thanks, Jim! Who do you love?" I asked smiling like a goof.

Jim chuckled. "I love my Katie and my w- former wife." I noticed Jim's eyes started to get teary. I placed a hand on his arm. He looked down at me. I smiled.

"I'm pretty sure that Mrs Beckett is very happy and proud of the man you have become. There's no doubt that she happy and proud about Kate too. And if I'm correct, since Mrs Beckett passing, you've raised a great woman. Kate is the best!" I admitted. Tears fell from Jim's eyes.